RE: Box Art Opinions

#26 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:26 pm

Or in the words of one Benny Hill "You can try to be an actress until your Googie Withers!"

Hugh Thompson Scott

#27 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:30 pm

Quote: Hugh Thompson Scott wrote in post #20
"May We All Be Truly Thankful", to quote a mealtime prayer in answer to Vidar's lament. I care not for modern film, their "stars"
or the ENDLESS shoot outs, explosions, ridiculous fight scenes, have you noticed EVERYONE is a bloody Kung Fu exponent and
the inevitable car chase, In the words of the Bard, from act II scene III of Richard the turd, "Watta loada bollocks". It just makes
me tired all over to sit through this garbage. Give me the old stuff any day.

Yes Hugh, have you notice how bad shots the Bond Villain's gang are, I mean if I was out for World Domination, I would make sure my men could at least aim a gun and hit the target, all those 'Big' men firing at James bullets flying everywhere and not one bloody hit, except if the girl has to cop it then they get her right in their sights. It doesn't matter what film you watch the baddies always hire bad marks-men and lousy fighters.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Steve Carter
Last edited Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:33 pm | Top

#28 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Then we have guys that can dodge bullets, notice if we have a protagonist on a gantry, the bullets always manage to hit the handrail
amid a shower of sparks. Lets be honest, if it was up to us and the realistic approach, it would be after main titles, "He looks like a bad bastard", BANG!, The End.

David Ollerearnshaw likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:44 pm | Top

#29 by Paul Browning , Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Your spot on guys with your opinions of the latest "BOX OFFICE BLOCKBUSTERS", I just don't think the new audience can engage with a film now unless there is fast cars chasing
or crashing into each other, machine guns with unlimited amounts of ammunition, people fighting for what seems like forever with not a hair out of place, and the eye wobbling
camera angles, and repeated shots of the same explosion from every angle were not interested in. I blame the gaming consoles that do the same to excite the users to carryon to
the next level shooting everything in sight, and the noise level of an atomic war going on in the back ground, as the saying goes " they don't make em like they use to".

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#30 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:51 pm

I have made a new labels for a few of my films mounted on larger reels. Taking bits from loads of places. I use both A4 and A3 paper. Need some boxes for 2400ft reels though.

On camera work, they seem to have forgoten about using a tripod or even steadycam. Unstoppable film has some horrible camera movements.

Quote of my post

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
8.75mm Film

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor