RE: What was your first Super-8 or Standard 8 film purchase?

#26 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Welcome to the forum Detlef!

Andrew Woodcock

#27 by Detlef Jäger ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Yeah, i loved it and i remember, i've Seen it again andagain...
Then came the German Marketing version of "PERRY RHODAN -SOS aus dem Weltall "(Mission Stardust)...

Detlef Jäger

#28 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:56 am

I too had a HORIPET, in 1968 still got it, so Walton 50' Laurel and Hardy title 'Reluctant Legionnaires' was the first standard 8 film purchased, the Horipet came with a 50' 'Horse Racing'. My friend had a 'proper' projector that his Father passed onto him so he had Castle 200 footers, 'Frankenstein Meets The Werewolf', 'The Mummy', 'Dracula' and 'Son of Kong'. So a friend of the family made arms for my Horipet to take 200' reels, but it wasn't until my films were shown on my friends projector that I could see the the damage the Horipet was doing to my films. So I then got a second hand Astra standard 8 projector with manual rewind, 'I was A Teenage Werewolf' was the first title I got, but the Astra was loosing the loop, the times it went into repair, and they told me it was OK, I paid and it would still be the same even with new films. It was eating into my paper-round money and I think looking back now they were taking advantage of a kid. So I then got a Hanimex no loosing the loop, but another problem, it did not like Columbia films, they would continually jam in the gate, my 'Battle with Talos' should have been called 'Battle with Hanimex', it was full of burns. I was at another friends house and his Father had the same Hanimex, yes it would also jam Columbia films, he was French and the room was full of French expletives.

Steve Carter

#29 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:25 am

Steve, I too thought I'd gone up in the world with a Hanimex Duo, Reg/Super 8, nice machine, but it put tramlines down all my prints,
due to a proud rivet in the gate. I love it when Godzilla kicks the crap out of Tokyo, I hope Hanimex got a hiding, I know it ain't real.
but don't deny an old guy his fantasies....

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#30 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:59 am

Ha ha ha Hugh! I'm having that one!!

Maybe Godzilla should've kicked the crap out of one or two more projectors companies in Tokyo Hugh! Ha ha.

Andrew Woodcock

#31 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:01 am

Ha ha ha I'm having that one Hugh!!

Maybe Godzilla should've kicked the crap out of one or two more projectors companies in Tokyo Hugh! Ha ha

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:01 am | Top

#32 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:08 pm

My First 200-footer in standard 8 was:

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Steve Carter

#33 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:12 pm

Not my first, but I have it too :-)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#34 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:12 pm

This is the old Astra standard 8 with manual re-wind, and a great looser of the loop, on cold winter nights I would place my hands over the lamp house vent to warm them, in the days when we had ice on the inside of the windows.

Steve Carter
Last edited Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:15 pm | Top

#35 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:00 pm

I remember those days Steve, when Jack Frost painted patterns on the window. My Eumig used to be very slow when I brought it downstairs, until it had reached living room temperature.

Robert Crewdson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Suppliers of Super 8mm Feature Film boxes.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor