RE: What are your most recent film purchases?

#626 by Eivind Mork , Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:06 am

Donald Duck - Toy Tinkers is on its way from from a seller in the the US. 200' color and sound. This is on Agfa low fade stock and is produced in England. The seller didn't say, but I guess it probably is a Derann. Could there be others producing this on that stock?

I have been looking for this for a very long time and I am thrilled to finally getting one!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 400

#627 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:18 am

Yes Eivind, it's a later Derann print by the time it made it onto Agfa 2S Stock.

It's a super sharp, lovely colourful historical Disney print. I'm sure you'll be delighted once it arrives Eivind.
Right Up there with the "Pluto,s Christmas Tree" short and the likes, and once again featuring those cheeky chipmunk favourites, "Chip n Dale!"😊😊

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:27 am | Top

#628 by Eivind Mork , Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:59 am

Great! It wasn't cheap compared to other Donald shorts I have bought, but considering the stock and that it is Toy Tinkers I think it was fair and well worth it. I love Christmas shorts, and this is absolutely up there with Plut's Christmas tree. I don't have Pluto's Christmas tree from Derann, but my copy still has great colors. I didn't get any screenshots, but the seller says "Print is in Like New condition in it's original box". This will be a great Christmas! :-) Just too bad that my son feels sorry for Donald in that one and refuses to watch it with me :-)

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 400

#629 by Michael Lattavo , Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:18 pm

Just purchased Skeleton Dance on 16mm, arguably my youngest son's absolute favorite! I have it on Super 8, and he has been asking and asking to watch it - but, with both of my machines down, I have had to disappoint the little guy. Should receive it in the next couple of days, he will be thrilled!!

Eivind Mork likes this

Michael Lattavo
Date registered 10.01.2015
ThankYou 42

#630 by John Armer , Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:17 pm

A little story to set the scene for my most recent purchase. Last Friday night I was talking with my other half about films I'd love to buy and I mentioned POLTERGEIST. I'd seen a reel of the scope release at the last BFCC and it looked stunning, but I knew from Tom's posts that the scope release is like hen's teeth. I was also aware that the flat release is also quite impressive and, like Tom, I'd be quite happy with that.

I checked my emails at about 6pm that night and Classic's latest list was in my inbox. The first film on the list? Poltergeist, flat!

The only problem was the listing. Phil had it listed as 4 x 400ft and I knew Poltergeist should be 6 x 400ft (or 4 x 600ft). Was this an incomplete version? Probably, so I resigned myself to the fact that I should keep looking and pass this one by. And, it had probably gone on Friday afternoon, I was sure someone would have got there before me, while Classic was still open.

I thought about it all night, however, and finally decided that it appeared to be priced up as the full feature, so I'd give Phil a call on the Saturday morning and ask if a) it was still available and b) was it a complete print.

Come 10am when I called the line was engaged. Probably someone else after it, I thought. No luck getting through until about 10.10am, and Phil wasn't in that day. The girl answering the phone told me that the Poltergeist hadn't been sold yet, but she didn't know if it was the full print or not. I ummed and aahd a bit and thought I'd risk it - Phil is good about taking prints back if you're not happy and I thought that there was only the postage to lose if it was incomplete. I ordered it.

Come yesterday, I got home from work and there was a 'Sorry we missed you' card from Royal Mail. I went to the post office this morning on my way to work to collect it... and my eyes lit up when the postman brought a parcel out for me, that was unmistakably 600ft spool sized. On opening, it was indeed 4 x 600ft spools so it looked like my Poltergeist was indeed complete, and there was a mistake in the listing. I couldn't wait to get home from work and get the projector out. When I did get home, that's the first thing I did, and I'm a very happy owner of the complete flat Poltergeist feature, on LPP and with gorgeous colours. Most of the time I'm not so lucky when taking a bit of a punt on a film (they're usually faded, scratched, incomplete or all of these), but this time my luck was in!

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Mats Abelli and Vidar Olavesen
John Armer  
John Armer
Date registered 11.19.2016
ThankYou 18

Last edited 07.07.2017 | Top

#631 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Brilliant find John and I'm extremely pleased for you with your lucky catch with this one!

I love my flat print and for me personally, I wouldn't want it any other way.
It was perhaps Phil's wife Denise who you may have spoken with and very often I have to admit, she doesn't appear to be able to tell the difference between a 400ft reel of Film and a 600ft one.
On a few occasions I've had to wait until Phil himself was back there at his shop in the past.

I'm sorry to hear you typically only find faded or worn prints. Worn are worse than faded in my opinion but we all deserve to find the good stuff on occasions for our on going dedication to this hobby.

Well done once again my friend! 😊😊

John Armer likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:37 pm | Top

#632 by John Armer , Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:35 pm

Your posts encouraged me to go for the flat version Andrew, so thanks for that. I've spot-checked the reels (watched all of the first one) and it looks gorgeous. Very happy bunny.

John Armer  
John Armer
ThankYou 18

#633 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:41 pm

As with all of our few remaining dealers left now, it really does pay to encourage them to keep stocking up for us I feel.
All of them generally accept returns I have found, and if something isn't quite as expected and the return is a reasonable one.

This is something that isn't always necessarily the case when dealing with private sellers even through protected measures like e bay and the likes!

John Armer likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:42 pm | Top

#634 by Eivind Mork , Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:13 pm

I got Grease the other day. I believe it is the 3x400', but it is on a thin stock according to the seller and on a very very full 800. I must indeed put it on a 1200' reel. I need my GS 1200 at the cabin to play such big reels, and I haven't tested it yet.

The following members like this: Paul Browning and John Armer

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 400

#635 by Paul Browning , Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Its a great print poltergeist I have the flat version, vivid colours too, a definite keeper .

John Armer likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#636 by Paul Browning , Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Grease is a good cut down on Marketing, just a pity they didn't do it on the low fade stock, the one to have is the Derann version, really superb pin sharp print.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#637 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:20 pm

I'd love to find the Derann print somewhere, someday.

The photos I've seen of this print are just superb!

John Armer likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#638 by John Armer , Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:39 pm

Watched Poltergeist tonight.... the other half said "that's your best film yet". Think I agree... it was stunning.

John Armer  
John Armer
ThankYou 18

#639 by John Armer , Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:50 pm

What's the colour like on your copy of Grease Elvind? I too have the 3 x 400 on an 800ft reel and, while it's a really good cut down, mine is on SP and faded, like most of my marketing prints. The only one I have that isn't is Star Trek The Motion Picture which is on Agfa (and quite valuable according to a recent EBay listing: £230!!).

Eivind Mork likes this
John Armer  
John Armer
ThankYou 18

#640 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:52 pm

Tis a belter John and any more of that kind of purchasing, we might see Mrs Armer joining us here by the sounds of things! 😂😂

One things for certain, there will be no Mrs Woodcock alongside her here sadly!

My 3x 400ft Grease is fading now also btw John. Not as bad as others I have, but still fading nevertheless.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and John Armer
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:55 pm | Top

#641 by Eivind Mork , Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:06 pm

It was good according to the seller. It seems a bit faded when I inspect the first few frames. But I really need to put it on a new reel as the 800' reel is really full. I don't dare to take a closer look at the film. Tape is holding it in place now.

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 400

#642 by Eivind Mork , Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:14 pm

Tried to make a sneak peak :-)

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 400

#643 by Paul Browning , Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:20 pm

Tell me about it stud !!!!!!

Attached pictures:
031.JPG   054.JPG  

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Tom Photiou
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

Last edited 07.08.2017 | Top

#644 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:31 pm

Beauty!!

And the films not bad either!

Andrew Woodcock

#645 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Nice surprise when I now have returned from Denmark ... A long awaited and wanted film was here waiting for me ... Go West, 16mm

Will watch soon, but tomorrow is a new eye operation (injection), so two three days perhaps

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and David Ollerearnshaw

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

Last edited 07.09.2017 | Top

#646 by Eivind Mork , Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:02 pm

Very happy for you, and good luck with the injection!

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 400

#647 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:15 am

good luck with the eye operation Vidar. The outcome will hopefully far outweigh any trepidation you might possibly be feeling, understandably.

It will hopefully bring about a new lease of life to your eyesight Vidar.

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:16 am | Top

#648 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Picked up three packages in Sw den yesterday

Dave, thanks for not tossing the films

From Barry, thanks

From Bert, Super8Warehouse. Thanks for also adding the Tarzan reel 2

Iman Yahya likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#649 by David Alligan , Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:48 pm

My pleasure Vidar glad they have gone to a good home

Eivind Mork likes this
David Alligan  
David Alligan
Date registered 07.11.2016
home: Felixstowe, Suffolk, UK
ThankYou 45

#650 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Just won a trailer reel,
I didn't expect it to end at £18.50 so very happy, Chicago & The Matrix Reloaded both on one reel and in Scope.

This is an ideal purchase as if the frame and focus isn't too far out the Matrix re-loaded trailer will go onto my 600ft matrix freeway frenzy excerpt and will kind of make a great opening to the reel.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Vidar Olavesen

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 533

ELMO GS 1200 XENON REFLECTOR REMAKE /REFURB
Home Alone & other single stripe sound releases.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor