"She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" (1949)

#1 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:12 am

Tonight I watched the standard 8/200'/silent/subtitled version of "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" (1949) starring John Wayne. In actuality, I'm not a fan of the western genre, but I got a great deal on this as it cost me nothing. I got a $10 coupon from eBay, and the reel was U.S. $9.99 with free shipping. In addition to this, the film was still sealed in its original shrink wrap. So viewing this was a first in three ways: I had never seen the feature, I had never watched the reel and it was the first time the film had ever been run through a machine. No screenshots this time, as it was late when I watched it.

Timothy Duncan

RE: "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" (1949)

#2 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:17 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Tim,
What did you think of the digest? I've seen that one for sale a few times on eBay.

Douglas Warren

#3 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:40 pm

Doug,
It seemed well edited and was of better production quality than many westerns of the time. The subtitles were minimal and easy to read. The feature film was originally in color, but considering this fact, the picture was pretty good. I may be shallow, but westerns all seem so similar to me. Mostly, they seem to consist of a bunch of men riding around on horses shooting at one another (LOL)!

Timothy Duncan

#4 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:41 pm

I forgot to mention that the digest is in black and white.

Timothy Duncan

#5 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:54 pm

Your comment about westerns in general made me laugh! I do know what you mean though,as many (especially the B-westerns from the 30's-40's) fit that description. In that genre I tend to be a bit more picky about what I like.Granted there are some good ones out there (The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance comes to mind.) Thanks for the details on the print as it sounds like a good one.

Douglas Warren

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Meeting 51 in our club

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor