Walton Tom & Jerry cuts

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Anyone know what they cut in those Tom & Jerry films that Walton put out? Was shocked to hear this ... Are there complete T&J's out there at all? Think all mine are either Film Office or Walton. Are the Film Office ones more complete?

Thanks for any feedback on this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

RE: Walton Tom & Jerry cuts

#2 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:20 pm

I have never owned any Vidar, but you would think they would be complete, a cartoon should easily fit on a 200ft spool. Walton were great prints, but I didn't like that they used the Walton logo in place of some of the original titles, like on the L&H, the Cuckoo Waltz starts while the Walton logo is showing, also none of the prints I have had a balance stripe.

Robert Crewdson

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:21 pm

I have Walton and Derann prints. the Waltons are all very slightly shortened sadly, not sure whether the Derann ones I have are also but they all seem to be on "fuller" 200ft reels to me so in some cases, maybe not.

The Waltons are well edited I find so in most cases it is almost unnoticeable to my eyes at least and the stories are well retained.
One of my personal favourites is "Cat Fishin"

I have around 30 Tom & Jerry colour sound films in all and the best of the Derann releases are in scope. They tend to fetch ridiculous prices now if in original Derann boxes with artwork and are totally unscathed.
On e bay £30 per cartoon is quite normal and only a week or so ago, one sold for around£75!!
I wanted it as it was a title I had never seen come up for sale before but I didn't want it enough to pay £75 for it as someone did!

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, David Ollerearnshaw and Mats Abelli
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:25 pm | Top

#4 by Þórir Snær , Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:52 pm

Im a big fan of Walton because of the way they cut the films. They do it in such a way you wont notice if they did. I just dont know why they cut the cartoons down as they are already so short. They seem to remove the less memorable scenes (often ca. 2 or 3 seconds) but leave all the important ones untouched. Im really fond of them as a film distributing company but probably they should have kept the short cartoons untouched. Love their works on the old Chaplin films btw.

Þórir Snær  
Þórir Snær
Date registered 08.30.2015

#5 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:46 pm

I found the Walton Tom & Jerry cartoons good sound & picture in most cases, but why did they have to cut them? Cruise Cat has a very obvious cut in it. Most you can't tell.

Some of the films were not on the 200ft reel, but the 150ft with large centre. Features were quite well edited in the main.

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 60

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
FAVOURITE FILMS

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor