RE: where are the film lovers?

#26 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Hi Robert, "Hobson's Choice was set in Lancashire, I still have the s/8 feature which is an outstanding print.
Vidar, there are a few films with Rock music etc , I had two, sold 'em, I should have my head examined, "PINK FLOYD- THE WALL"
IN 16MM 'COLOUR 'SCOPE and ""THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME-LED ZEPPELIN" COLOUR also 16mm and a s/8 400' cutdown of same.
I still have "TOMMY" THE WHO in 2x400 cut in correct sequence, and missed "PINK FLOYD LIVE IN POMPEII" through a power cut.
I'll check my catalogues and see if there was anything with THIN LIZZY.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#27 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Robert, "Hobson's Choice was based in Lancashire. I agree on his Yorkshire accent sometimes creeping in, like in Spartacus", or James Mason, he was as "guilty", although if we can accept Sean Connery in all his many parts, Bond, spacemen, cowboys, Arabs and a myriad
other parts, all with a scots brogue, just like Finlay Currie in "Fall of the Roman Empire" as one of the Senate, giving a great speech.....
... with a scots accent
As for Music films Vidar, I searched through some catalogues looking for the pop/ rock type music, "The Kids Are Alright- The Who", "To Russia With Elton", "Help", "Hard Days Night", "Yellow Submarine", "Let It Be". I'm positive I saw in Movie Maker ""Concert For Bangladesh",
"Woodstock", "Gimme Shelter" and "Stamping Ground". The only films I could find on Thin Lizzy and Phil Lynott were taken from IMBd,
"The Rocker" 1996 TV movie, "Rush" soundtrack 2013, "Thin Lizzy Outlaw- The Real Phil Lynott" 2006, "Gary Moore & Friends One Night in Dublin" 2005. I'm sure
there are more, but if I ever know of any Thin Lizzy concert films etc someone has for sale, I'll let you know poste haste.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:44 pm | Top

#28 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:47 pm

Thanks for that, Hugh. You are talking about film, not videos? I have some of those, but would love to have for example Live and Dangerous, great concert

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

#29 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:53 pm

Yes this is all film, Vidar, I can't say if the IMBd titles are on film, but all the others are, and of course "ABBA The Movie", in our day,
us hairy types would never have admitted to liking their music, but we secretly did.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#30 by Clyde Miles , Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:52 pm

ok, just watched tonight with my son, 'the man of a thousand faces' 1957 with jimmy cagney as lon chaney. nice 16mm flat of a scope film.cagney is a power house in the role. in my opinion one of his best performances.

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

#31 by Clyde Miles , Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:04 am

tonight screened my 16mm print of 'assault on a queen' 1966 with frank sinatra. ib tech of a scope print but letterboxed. blacks are really black, blues greens, beautiful and spot on. sinatra is good as is supporting cast. i must get a mobile phone to show you guys some screen shots.

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

#32 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:12 am

Please do. We love screenshots

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

#33 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:04 am

Years since I've seen this film, but remember enjoying it, love heist movies.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Bell & Howell TQ1, so many variations.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor