Wanted ABC logo

#1 by David Ollerearnshaw , Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:30 pm

Trying to find a large image of this, I can only find smallish ones.

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

RE: Wanted ABC logo

#2 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:02 pm

Loved the ABC cinemas, they did briefly return, but only saw them for what seemed a few months. Remember those happy days, we used to buy ABC Film Review, and after the film had finished, and before going home, we would have a last look at the front of house stills.

Robert Crewdson

#3 by Deleted User , Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:25 pm

Don't know if these will be large enough for you to prin

Regards
Tony

Tony Laing

Attached pictures:
image.jpg   image_2.jpg  

Last edited Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:26 pm | Top

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:34 pm

This one is 250x250, yours was 160x160 ... Not very big though

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#5 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:25 pm

Thanks. Wonder why there dosen't seem to be a large image about.

David Ollerearnshaw
ThankYou 61

#6 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:06 am

The ABC Cinemas Logo may still be copyrighted. Even though the company "physically" no longer exists. You have to be careful with such things.

David Hardy

#7 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:34 pm

Those were the days, we used to spend the day in our local ABC in the school hols, seeing it around again and sometimes again, I used to like to sit back and look up at the cigarette smoke catching the dancing projector beam, I would get Mum to blow smoke into the beam of my projector for the same effect on a smaller scale. They recently knocked down the old REX and are building flats on the site.

Steve Carter
Last edited Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:34 pm | Top

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:37 pm

i bet it wasn't long before you were blowing your own into the beam eh Steve! Ha ha ha

Andrew Woodcock

#9 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Never been a smoker Andrew, of course we all did it at school, and when I was in bands we smoked certain substances, don't get me started on managers and agents...
The REX.

Steve Carter

#10 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:54 pm

I often used to look around at the projector beam; not knowing anything about cue marks in those days, I always wondered why brand new films had these marks. Happy days, reading 'ABC Film Review' before the lights went down and the curtain went up, then afterwards, another look at the front of house stills before getting the bus home. In those days we had to wait 5 years before a film could be shown on TV.

Robert Crewdson

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Glad to hear Steve! Extremely sensible... for the most part at least ha ha.

Robert, I am sure you're not alone regarding the cue marks from someone of a young age. I wasn't bothered what they were. I was just fascinated by the strobing effect from the countdown and thought it looked cool even without a reason.

Andrew Woodcock

#12 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:11 pm

Can you remember going to the cinema pre-school age; I used to get a seat on my own, then next minute some adult sat in front, and it became 'Dad, I can't see', and you would watch the film sitting on your parent's knee. I probably fell asleep through a lot of films.

Robert Crewdson

#13 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:16 am

Yes Robert, it would be an almost empty matinee, but some-one always sat in-front of you, I used to let the seat up and sit on the tiny edge of the up position of the seat, hard to put into words, also hard on the backside, but we just got on with it.

Steve Carter

#14 by David Ollerearnshaw , Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Dangerous sat on seat like that. When I was on holiday in Cornwall we went to see The Happiest Millionaire. I did just that, and fell off.

David Ollerearnshaw
ThankYou 61

#15 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:04 pm

I have a railway film with ABC logo at the beginning of the title, I haven't viewed it for some time, but if I remember 'Associated British Cinema' is at the start before the film titles.

Steve Carter

Disney Posters

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor