Raid on Entebbe,Superman & more!

#1 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:41 pm

For me,I recently watched (all 400' digests) of the following: Raid on Entebee,Superman:The Movie,Charley Varrick & Murderer's Row (Dean Martin/Matt Helm.) The best of the lot was "Raid on Entebee",a very well edited digest.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Douglas Warren

RE: Raid on Entebbe,Superman & more!

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:45 pm

I almost bought a 5x400' of Raid, but it was that or bills, sadly the bills have to win

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

#3 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:29 pm

I would love to own the longer version of "Raid on Entebee" one day. For now I am most satisfied with my 400' version

Douglas Warren

#4 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:48 pm

The "Superman" (1978) 400' reel was one that I just HAD to have in my collection! My family went to see this in it's original run in theaters. I have had the opportunity to show this one to family on two different occasions, including my nephew who is only a year old. He was more interested in watching the projector running than he was the film (LOL)! I was holding him while I stood by the machine and he was leaning over towards it.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Timothy Duncan

#5 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:26 pm

I met the two people who did the special effects on 'Superman', as part of an organised trip to Pinewood, people were allowed to handle their 'Oscars'. The audience were allowed to ask questions, and most of these were like 'How did you get him to fly', or 'How did you shoot that scene where he replaces the missing rail, and the train runs over him', all these questions they refused to answer, or they said it was to technical, and we probably wouldn't understand. I do remember one question was about high speed chases we often see in foreign lands, and in such films as 'James Bond', asking, 'How do you get the authorities to close the road for filming?'; the answer was that these roads were on privately owned estates, so there was no problem.

Robert Crewdson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Last meeting in our club

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor