Can you help? New to 16mm

#1 by Paul Meadez ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:53 pm

I've just purchased my first ever Cine projector - Belle Howell 1940's/ 50's?

Need to get some films now

Looking mainly for old British films, any considered

but also interested in Italian and Spanish (preferably dubbed) , - Horror, Sci - fi, thriller

Paul Meadez

RE: Can you help? New to 16mm

#2 by Clyde Miles , Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:01 pm

good luck with your search, they are out there.

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Welcome to the forum. Do check out the Shops and Dealers lists, you have several supplying 16mm films there too

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:49 pm

And if possible, post pictures of your equipment (film related ... cough)

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 349

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Keep a weather eye on ebay, I have purchased some great Italian/ Euro horrors in a short space of time from ebay .com.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Can collectors please acknowledge a response to their requests, it is only good manners after all.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#7 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:24 pm

If I knew price range, titles I could help search out something. Still recommend browsing the Shops and Dealers list. CHC, Paul Foster in the UK. Phil's Vintage maybe in the US

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 349

#8 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:40 pm

Vidar, your manners are not in question, If ever I have made a request and an answer was required, then a thank you for your trouble
is all that is required, some of these people just are beyond the pale, all that is needed is an acknowledgement. Amazon asks for bloody feed back, there I go again.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:42 pm | Top

#9 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:59 pm

Another reason I got fed up of the other forums, no response when you answer a persons request for information. Not all the time, but occasional.

Robert Crewdson

#10 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Exacly Robert, we come from a time when a response was required, a thank you sufficed, manners maketh the man,

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:18 pm | Top

#11 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:18 pm

Well, you would expect that when a person puts in a request he would later return to see if it has been answered. We are a different generation Hugh, I stopped giving up my seat on a bus while people 40 years younger remain seated with their headphones on.

Robert Crewdson

#12 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:33 pm

It was only a couple of years ago while waiting for a bus, an elderly lady was having difficulty getting on the bus, I, being what I am put my hands under her arms and lifted her bodily onto the bus, she turned around and said "oh thank you son, will you be here tomorrow?", I was amazed at how the bus drivers just stood and watched, our society is getting lost in P,C., but I have my own code, bugger the lot of 'em. I remember plastering out my late friends bungalow, I don't drive , so was waiting for the Workington bus from Whitehaven, it was a bitterly cold night, a couple turned up at the stop, the girl was in a wheel chair and the driver wouldn't help, I asked him to hang on
while I lifted the girl onto the bus while her boy friend dismantled the wheelchair ( can we still call 'em wheelchairs?) result was that the girl didn't have to wait an hour for the bus made for disabled folk.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and David Ollerearnshaw
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:42 pm | Top

#13 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:42 pm

P.C. has gone too far. Well done, Hugh. One good deed, yet cost so little

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 349

#14 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:51 pm

In our language in the north Vidar, "it costs nowt ta dee a gud turen", which means" It costs nothing to do a good a good turn", which has been my watchword through life, help folk where you can, smack the other bastards that are difficult, worked up to now.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#15 by David Ollerearnshaw , Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Ah learned some good information here Hugh can plaster. That might be useful I need one.

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#16 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:22 pm

Sorry fellows, I only do 8mm.

Timothy Duncan

#17 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:54 pm

We had a bus driver who used to shame people by telling them to give up their seats. You see people in their 80s standing while 20 somethings remain seated. The wife drives, so using a bus is a rarity. It never happened in our day Hugh, I was always pleased to give up my seat to someone old enough to be my grandmother/father.

Robert Crewdson

#18 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:33 am

Robert, I've never needed anyone to teach me manners, I've lost count of the times I've given up my seat, to accomadate even having to crouch down in case of an inspector while I grovel on the floor, sometimes the young ladies look at you in astonishment, as though you are odd offering your seat, the elderly welcome it! Well keep thinking of me as odd, when our generation, "the rockers" & the Hippies", are gone,God help them. No doubt our parents thought the same of us, but I still give up my seat to the elderly or help folk with difficult loads, yes, maybe I am out of time, but good manners didn't harm anyone, as for the younger generation that think different, they haven't met me. I will be standing over them telling them where they went wrong, first being crossing me.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:40 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
WTB: The Thing

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor