Alan Ladd on set.

#1 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:41 pm

September 12th, 1952, Abingdon, Berkshire. American actor Alan Ladd joined the Airborne Division of the British army to undergo commando training before making the film 'The Red Beret'. The orders went out at Abingdon Barracks: 'Make no changes to the commando battle course. Private Ladd has to pass out on it as it is'. An Army spokesman announced 'Private Ladd will have to keep on racing over one of the toughest courses until he does it to perfection'. UK members may remember actor Bryan Moseley, who played shopkeeper Alf in 'Coronation Street'; he was in the service at the time and trained Ladd.
This R.A.F. Aerodrome , now an army barracks, is only about 5 miles from me. I remember seeing the poster for it outside a cinema in Hastings, Sussex. The third picture shows Alan Ladd with Bob Eccles, the parachute trainer at Abingdon.

Robert Crewdson
Last edited Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:49 pm | Top

RE: Alan Ladd on set.

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:47 pm

There's a film fact I didn't know Robert, 'way to go "Alf". he was also noted for his "fall from grace" in "Get Carter" when Michael Caine
pushed him from a multi storey car park in Newcastle.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Saw that one Hugh, they wanted to demolish that car park, but I think someone put a preservation order on it, not sure.

Robert Crewdson

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:00 pm

Yes I think it was a few years ago when reported on regional news about the demolition. There was, maybe still is, an organised
tour of all the sites used in "Get Carter" around Newcastle. Great pics by the way.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:01 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Scanning.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor