Gangs Inc.

#1 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:35 am

I decided to give some Super 8 films an airing; this was the first feature I bought in 1975. It was advertised as an Alan Ladd film; in fact the male lead is Jack La Rue, who made Gangster films and wanted to do the same in Britain; he made 'No Orchids for Miss Blandish' in which appeared a young Sidney James. The Home Secretary thought making these films a bad influence and curtailed Jack La Rue's activities here. Alan Ladd only appears about 2 minutes on screen. When he was a success in such films as 'The Glass Key, the Blue Dahlia, and This Gun for Hire', the film was re-issued and he was given top billing to attract the cinema audiences The pre-print material is pretty bad, and the sound is not that clear most of the time. My Eumig doesn't have a tone control (is this normal), so can only control the volume. Quality wise it doesn't come anywhere near 16mm.

Robert Crewdson

RE: Gangs Inc.

#2 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:44 am

Hi Robert
The early sound Eumigs did not have such " luxuries" as tone controls. Is this a Mountain print ?

David Hardy

RE: Gangs Inc.

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:15 am

Yes, I got it from Mountain. Ordinarily, it's not a problem, I showed a short after and the sound was clear. Magnetic sound was supposed to be better than optical sound, but some of my early talkies are very clear.

Robert Crewdson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Jason and the Argonauts

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor