Whats the best monochrome 16mm print you have in your collection

#1 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:50 pm

One of mine is Whisky Galore .

David Hardy

RE: Whats the best monochrome 16mm print you have in your collection

#2 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:55 pm

It would have to be 'A Yank at Oxford'. I got this from CHC; the best condition print I have in 16mm, I don't know how he does it. Original leaders and tails. On the leader it says Theatrical Print made by M.G.M Labs. There is not a single scratch or blemish.

Robert Crewdson

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:58 pm

I think my Abbott & Costello: Double Cross at Criss Cross, 8 minutes is quite sharp. Maybe not the most exciting, but on screen it's razor sharp

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

#4 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:59 pm

I bought a very good print of Sons Of The Desert from Phil some years ago Robert.
It is a Blackhawk one and is in new condition.

David Hardy

#5 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Vidar I have a 16mm Castle print of Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein that is so razor sharp it looks 3D.
I kid you not. hahaha. The cutdown image is by far superior to my Feature version.

David Hardy

#6 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:07 pm

I bought a few Castle Super 8 cartoons and the quality is outstanding, compared to what I had from other companies.

Robert Crewdson

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:51 pm

That is a very difficult question really, where to start, I bought last year an original of "Black Sunday" from the USA, it has great contrast
and very sharp, a print of "King Kong" was a bit dupey, but very watchable, "Cat & the Canary" kindly imported for me by Paul Foster, was sold as a dupe, but is sharp as a tack with very good contrast, as are "The Ghost Breakers" and "The Longest Day". On the whole I am
very satisfied with all my monochrome prints, I haven't yet come across a print that is really unwatchable. There are a lot in my collection , mainly horror/ Sci- Fi and they all look nice. I have a 400' "One Million B.C." from Castle films that I use as a test film that is very good indeed. There doesn't seem to be the "hit & miss" lottery on 16mm as opposed to b/w on super 8.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:18 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
How do you feel about TV prints?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor