Terminator 2 scope full feature

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:42 pm

For the screenshots please see the review here,

Terminator 2 (T2) Full feature scope

I did doubt myself in 2020 that this print was stereo, I even had Eivind put a correction on the review, it is clear I was being a bit of a doughnut and for whatever reason, during the last viewing only selected track one, hence I assumed I made an error in thinking it was re recorded into stereo by the previous owner.
Tonight we viewed it and indeed this print has far superior sound to normal, I flicked the switch at the back and it is indeed a stereo rerecorded print, track two gives it the extra whoomph but it really doesn't need it. The clarity is like the digital recordings of todays prints, very crisp and clear with a bass to go with it for the explosions and gunfire and that opening music!!!!
As far as action is concerned, it doesn't get much better than this and it is still a superb print, 25 years in viewing and only on my 1200HD and the print is as good today as it was when we bought all those years ago.

Eivind Mork likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 09.08.2023 | Top

RE: Terminator 2 scope full feature

#2 by Eivind Mork , Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:29 pm

That sounds like a mistake I could have done :-) But what a great print to own in Stereo!

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

RE: Terminator 2 scope full feature

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:24 pm

Because 97% odd of the films have are mono I rarely need to switch the second track on, in this case, the sound was so good it didn't seem like a normal supply from distributor, when I decided to flick track two on as well it boosted even further, switching off track one, the volume was as loud as the main stripe, hence, it's clearly been rerecorded, it was only ever released as a mono release so I feel very lucky. Also, I thought I bought this around 2016 but it was more like 2010, it was in the days Paul Foster use to send out paper lists before email lists were around.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 09.08.2023 | Top

A Christmas Carol
Dr. Who and the Daleks

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor