A-D strips, Film base deterioration monitors.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:41 pm

This may seem a bit over the top to some collectors, but the one thing I am intending to do is avoid VS at all cost. I dont have a huge collection on 16mm but I think I have a fair number with room for a few more.
I was recently pointed in the direction of the A-D test strips. The reason I need them is quite simple, my sense of smell is so low now I would not be able to smell vinegar unless it was really pungent.
While these strips are quite expensive, they do detect VS at a very early stage, the deterioration can be picked up by these strips before any smell is given off. As stated on the front cover of the booklet, they have been awarded a certificate of technical achievement in 1998 by the Academy of motion picture arts and sciences, so they dont come from some cheap jack company, they are the real thing for the testing of VS in acetate films.
The 12 pages following the instructions in the A5 sized booklet is an excellent read and if Eivind is looking in, would be great to add to the super8database as information only.
If enough people show interest in me putting the pages up one at a time i will do so, but I dont wish to spend too much time if only a handful of people are looking in.
Let me know and we will see what follows.
I've read a lot of BS about VS and how it can be treated but THIS company and the information about it are clearly the experts who do know. THERE IS NO CURE for VS. Cleaning does nothing, once it's gone, it's gone.

Gwyn, a big thank toy you.

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 03.30.2023 | Top

RE: A-D strips, Film base deterioration monitors.

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:45 pm

Any time Tom 👍😃📽

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

Valley Girl 1983
16mm Viewlex JAN US Army Projector

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor