Eumig 800 series lamp upgrade

#1 by Thomas Peters , Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:59 am

Now I know that these Eumigs are only supposed to handle 100 watts, but I was considering upgrading to 150 watts. I have an Elmo silent machine in disrepair that takes a 21 volt 150 watt halogen lamp, and I was considering using this as a power supply to use that lamp in my Eumig.

Worst case I could add an additional fan, but I'm not sure how to proceed with that, and with the external power supply, it would already be a bit of a mess with wires and taking up extra space on the table, etc.

I've considered this as such: when they designed the Eumig, disregarding the transformer being only for 12 volt lamps for the moment, did they say, "the fan will cool a lamp with a maximum of 100 watts, and anything higher will burn film and/or overheat the projector", or did they design and test to make sure the fan was good enough for 100 watts, without considering if it would properly cool 150 watts, for example?

In other words, good for 100 watts, but could could even be good for higher wattages.

Also, has anyone had any success with buying new transformers for lamps? Last year, I bought one, but the lamp I was using it for produced too dim a light for the projector. On testing it, it was producing around 9 volts instead of 12. The vendor said that they err on the side of caution for customers whose mains supply is higher than it is supposed to be! I'm in the U.S., and we are supposed to have 120 volts. I've tested with a meter, and it is pretty much spot on. So I did not get the full 12 volts out of this particular transformer. Anyway, the vendor gave me a full refund and let me keep it.

Thomas Peters  
Thomas Peters
Date registered 08.30.2022
ThankYou 9

New Eumig 824!
Goko RM-8008 Stereo Editor

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor