Standard 8 sound films

#1 by John Burgess , Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:15 pm

I am always looking for the above as I only collect st 8 , if any members can help, let me know.
John

Greg Perry likes this
John Burgess  
John Burgess
Date registered 11.14.2022

RE: Standard 8 sound films

#2 by Tom Photiou , Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:12 pm

Hi John,
Standard 8 in my opinion, was always very good gauge, we only had one duff print and that was a full length colour feature of Great day in the Morning. The image was outstanding with the colours looking like 16mm technicolour. This was an ex library print from Movieland International here in Plymouth, sadly, it fell down badly on the sound, it was very muffled, i'm sure today it could easily be rerecorded but back in the day we kept it for a few viewings and moved it on. We also have the full length James Stewart western Winchester 73. Distant Drums 4 x 400ft and also Bugles in the Afternoon which we now have on 16mm, so this title is one we will sell should you be interested. Fireball XL5 400ft, L&H in county Hospital as well as a rare 400ft L&H in Midnight Patrol, and Thicker than water. Stingray is Launched 400ft. It tends to be only my Brother who views these as hew has all the Eumig duel gauge projectors.
Personally, i would like to get my hands on a decent Standard 8 only sound projector.

John Burgess sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#3 by John Burgess , Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:53 pm

Hi Tom
Thanks for your response to my request. I just love St8 and have loved collecting over the years. Unfortunately the titles you have for disposal are already in my collection, however Winchester 73 has eluded me and should you at some point decide to sell I would love to buy! Regarding St8 only machines, I have a spare Kodak 8 that I may decide to part with. I can thoroughly recommend this model , they are kind to film , manual threading and robust construction. I need however to convert the lighting the 12v 100 watt dichroic type, at the moment it’s running the spaceman type lamp which require a second mortgage to buy! Will let you know when it’s completed.
Thanks again John

John Burgess  
John Burgess

#4 by Maurice Leakey , Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:25 am

Barry, at Independent 8 has a few standard 8 sound films for sale.
http://www.bfcc.biz/independent8mm.html

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

#5 by John Burgess , Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:25 am

Thanks Maurice ,I always check Barry’s lists. The last time I spoke with him he said St8 titles are hard to come by. The search continues!!
John

John Burgess  
John Burgess

Close Encounters, Scope, Derann
Small Independent 8 Christmas Bonus List

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor