Halloween Ends AND something different for once

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:28 pm

Aside the the first three movies in this series, i havnt bothered with any of the other sequels.
The first film is clearly a cult movie and it does work well. the second one was pretty much a re run of the first one, and only God knows what the this one was all about.
When i read there was to be an ending to this series i was mildly interested, when i read some reports elsewhere i was curious. When i saw a short clip on the telly and saw how Jamie Lee Cutis looked i wondered how they could keep it going.
Fortunately, my Brother saved me the time and money as he saw it on a recent trip to London. He said the only thing that kept him from leaving early was how funny he found it. From the start of the movie where a wood chipper is shown he immediately guessed that this was how Myers was going to end. But where it became a comedy was when when Michael Myers gets beaten by another guy and they become more or less mates and kill together
This character has murdered so many people and has been shot and survived many times over, yet gets beaten up by this bloke in this final movie and they become killers together??
Perhaps my Brothers very short description may not be 100% accurate but he also enjoyed the first two, but he laughed several times during this one, horror films are not meant to make you laugh so as far as i'm concerned i'll give this one a miss, at least until it appears on TV.

If you want to see something totally different, (and believe or not it is based on real events,) take a look here, this is a weird looking film but at least it aint another re-make/re-boot or Marvel comic CGI movie

Here is the trailer for COCAINE BEAR, Starring Ray Liotta, Margo Martindale & Jesse Tyler Ferguson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwZKvV5h...hannel=E%21News.

Eivind Mork likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 12.02.2022 | Top

RE: Halloween Ends AND something different for once

#2 by Rik Jackman , Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:18 am

I've not seen Halloween Ends so can't offer an alternative view but Cocaine Bear looks to be a total scream - Good call!

Tom Photiou likes this
Rik Jackman  
Rik Jackman
Date registered 11.09.2020
ThankYou 15

#3 by Mark Mander , Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:04 pm

I've not seen any of the Halloween films so can't really comment, but I do know the original mask started off as a William Shatner prosthetic make up mask.

Saw the trailer to Cocaine Bear at the cinema last night, as daft as it looks and whatever will they think of next came to mind, I think we'll go and see it.,Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#4 by Tom Photiou , Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:11 pm

Mark, i saw that about the Michael Myers mask, funny where this sort of iconic thing comes from.
If you like a good horror movie then the first one is ok, but like the Fog, it isn't a great film. I've not seen the Derann scope print of it but as i understand, it's good but possibly slightly soft in places, whereas, the real saving grace for the Fog was Derann scope print, it was one of the best, good sharp image, excellent sound and the colours and contrast were exceptional. Its a film that looks great on the scope screen but nothing to bother with on the telly.

As for Cocaine bear, it makes a change to see something different to a Marvel comic film or another remake or reboot, and if the trailer is anything to go by, it certainly looks funny and is based on true events that happened in 1985.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#5 by Mark Mander , Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:02 pm

I have seen The Fog Tom, I don't have the feature but I do have the 600ft which is a good Derann cutdown.

As for Cocaine Bear, I laughed when I heard it was based on a true story, my daughters boyfriend mentioned it earlier today,I thought no way and yes based on actual events, definitely got to see it.

We went to see Violent Night last night, enjoyed every minute, it's Die Hard meets Santa, recommend it, Mark

Tom Photiou likes this
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#6 by Tom Photiou , Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:37 pm

I'll take a look at that one as well. Sounds like a good companion to Bad Santa.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#7 by Rik Jackman , Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:43 pm

Oh my - just watch the trailer to Violent Night and that also looks a hoot Mark!

Mark Mander likes this
Mark Mander sais Thank You!
Rik Jackman  
Rik Jackman
Date registered 11.09.2020
ThankYou 15

Report from Blackpool 2022
Blackpool purchases

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor