Last of the Blues Brothers extras

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:00 pm

A few days ago my long awaited extras for my Blues Brothers film arrived and as always, it was perfect and now finishes my print off one year after receiving it.
Rather than re-review the whole film again here are some images of the footage which will added over the coming days. Once finished it will be put back onto three full 1600ft reels as the the film is already of two fully packed 2200ft spools so this added footage will overflow. As well as that, if i do the balancing act to keep it on two reels the weight, in my opinion, isn't good for the projector and if the take up becomes a bit loose i can see a big problem so 3 x 1600ft full spools it will be.
As with the previous footage i recieved, this fits perfectly regarding sound, frame and focusing. Some of the footage is to replace poorly edited parts which on three occasions were done presumably for the F word as this is the only thing that was cut, the mess they made either side of those few frames was ridiculous, so my new footage puts it back to the theatrical print that it is. It has the R rating at the end of the movie.
Two additional lengthy inserts here are the deleted scenes that were never in any of the theatrical releases, they are only available on the Blu-ray.
In my print already is the extended opening in the prison when Jake is being released,

Screenshots here show the extended scene outside the church, as well as where Jake steels something from the factory he works before he quits.

The scene now added to my print is we get to see Dan Ackroyd's character quit his job and on his way over there, he steals something from the factory which also becomes an issue in subsequent scenes, it gives them an advantage in the final chase so now that part makes more sense. In addition to that, the brothers' way to James Brown's church at the beginning of the movie is much longer and it is also nice to see Elwood without glasses during the previously mentioned scene of him quitting his job. Other than this deleted scene, Jake is not seen without his dark glasses.

This now completes my feature, it has good sound, pin sharp image and excellent colours, and indeed the extras makes it a one off extended version with a few deleted/extended scenes added in. For me, this was worth the wait, it has everything, action, comedy, great music form some of the very best musicians, and a cameo from a young Steven Spielberg. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Last of the Blues Brothers extras

#2 by Greg Perry , Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:12 am

Tom,

Well worth the wait to get these bits to complete your print. Sometimes the term "cult classic" is misused or overused, but I personally feel this title falls into that category. I remember seeing it on cable TV (HBO maybe?) waaay back in the early 1980's with a good friend. My friend's mom did not approve because of all the cars that were wrecked (104 in total, I think!) in the chase scenes. Of course, my friend and I thought it was great.

This is a classic and definitely one of a kind with these rare parts added back in. Great job in restoring this to the way it was meant to be...

Del Phillipson likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:18 am

Very nice Tom.As said one of a kind and it’s yours to enjoy.Such a cult film you know you are on a winner with this one.

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#4 by Eivind Mork , Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:15 pm

The print of the added pieces looks fantastic! What a great print to have!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#5 by Tom Photiou , Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:18 pm

Thanks Eivind,
I have gone a bit over board with this print but in the end it was worth it. I wasn't expecting to add quite so much so it made the print a fair bit more than was intended but hopefully, one day i'll at least get most of it back. It certainly isnt going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Paul Browning and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Premier Rewind Arms
A quick smile

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor