A quick smile

#1 by Rick S. Newman , Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:14 pm

I thought perhaps you gents might get chuckle out of this. I'm certain we've all experienced this situation at least once.

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Greg Perry, Eivind Mork and Gwyn Morgan

Rick S. Newman
Date registered 03.15.2022
home: Boulder City, Nv.
ThankYou 1

RE: A quick smile

#2 by Barry Attwood , Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:18 am

That reminded me of hiring films from Perry's Movies in Wimbledon in the late 1970's, I started hiring films I knew about, but of course some times they were not available, and I remember hiring "Slap Shot" the double album, none of us had even heard of the film, I just new Paul Newman starred in it, I didn't realise how much swearing could make it into a 32 minute digest, everyone enjoyed it, but were (at that time 1979 I think) all stunned by the language, you would never hear it on British TV at the time, luckily it matched what was going on onscreen, I later saw the film in a double bill as a support, and I realized how good the U8 cut really was.

Tom Photiou likes this
Barry Attwood  
Barry Attwood
Date registered 08.11.2015
home: Weeley, Essex, U.K.
ThankYou 50

RE: A quick smile

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:07 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

We use to have the double album version of slap shot. If i could find another print where both parts had very good colour i'd get it again. Defiantly another title where the half hour cut down is far better than the full feature, a good fun film. Ours had a perfect colour part two but a semi faded part one so it went to ebay.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last of the Blues Brothers extras
Saw this on eBay today.......

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor