The new remote control for the Elmo GS-1200

#1 by Eivind Mork , Sun May 15, 2022 3:03 pm

I have looked at the socket for the remote control on my Elmo GS-1200 many times and thought how nice it would have been to have one. Now I am the proud owner of a new one from Tested Super 8 Cameras.

So why a new one? The original one from Elmo shows up now and then on eBay, but it is usually quite expensive.

The original remote control from Elmo

But recently, Tested Super 8 Cameras started to offer a brand new remote control. The price is 97€ at the moment. That’s quite a lot, but remember, this is a very small niche for a manufacturer to offer something. I am quite sure the ones behind this web shop will need to sell quite a few to cover the time they have spent making this happen. And it is still cheaper than most of the original controls I have seen.

The new remote control from Tested Super 8 Cameras

It comes with a cable length of 5 m (16 ft). That should work comfortably for most people’s setup, but they offer other lengths on demand. I could now sit in my comfy chair without stretching the cable.

The remote lays quite comfortably in the hand. I quickly forgot I had it in my hand while projecting. The Play and Stop buttons is placed naturally under my thumb while holding it in my right hand. If I should pick at something, it would be that the buttons are a bit on the high/long side and stick out of the control. But it is not a big issue.

The build quality is very good. It looks professionally made, and I expect it to serve me well for many many years. They shipped my new remote quite quickly too, and in general I had a great impression of the web shop.

The only downside was that sitting in my comfy chair with this new remote, I wish I could remotely control the audio volume too. Maybe I will find a solution to that some day 🙂

Here is a short video of the remote control in action.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Rik Jackman and Del Phillipson

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 404

RE: The new remote control for the Elmo GS-1200

#2 by Paul Browning , Sun May 15, 2022 3:30 pm

HAVE TWO OF THESE ELMO REMOTES, BOTH BOUGHT FROM EBAY, NOT A GREAT DEAL OF MONEY AND THEY LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN USED, AND WORK PERFECTLY, THIS WOULD HAVE BENEFITED FROM HAVING A REMOTE FOCUS AND VOLUME CONTROL..........

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Eivind Mork and Del Phillipson
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

RE: The new remote control for the Elmo GS-1200

#3 by Greg Perry , Sun May 15, 2022 4:26 pm

I have the original remote, but only use it on occasion as I am typically close to the projector while films are playing.

One thing I like better on this new remote is the placement of the buttons…you can hold it in one hand and hit all the buttons with your thumb…

I would pay to get hold of a remote focus and volume control! I think Thomas Knappstein from Germany has engineered at least the remote focus control. He isn’t offering these for sale as far as I know…

Eivind Mork likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 357

Close Encounters of the Third Kind 8mm
Christmas trailer reel THREE

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor