Woman film collectors.

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu May 12, 2022 10:22 pm

To be fair I pinched this from another site where the comments were varied……… I see we have some 270 members and I was just wondering if there are any ladies amongs us who collect films or indeed have anything to do with film collecting?
Just a thought in these days of equal opportunities and so forth.
My wife has no interest in the collecting side only to occasionally say I have too many films,or do you really need to buy that one etc,etc,etc………..but she does enjoy watching most of them😃😃.
Anyway thoughts gentlemen……..or ladies……….

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: Woman film collectors.

#2 by David Skillern , Thu May 12, 2022 10:39 pm

Likewise Gwyn with my wife - she puts up with my hobby - but does ask me why I’m buying a title or shouldn’t you start getting rid of a few now lol. She will watch one or two of the prints but otherwise - she has no real interest and when we go to Blackpool - she enjoys the shops while I meet fellow collectors and enjoy the shows and the film fair.

Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri May 13, 2022 12:23 pm

I am lucky in that my other half does like the films very much, she doesn't watch that many nowadays but is always interested in the titles i have or sell and especially after a 16mm print has been restored or improved.
Regarding lady members, i think there was or is one on here but sadly all she wanted was advice then disappeared.
Gwyn, there is a lady collector from our own Devon County on the other channel who i believe collects 16mm, i know she also has two films i would love to add to my collection of which she recently put up some screenshots, both titles i have often put them here on the wanted list.

Don Cunningham likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#4 by Don Cunningham , Fri May 13, 2022 4:44 pm

My wife partially enjoys the film collecting for her favorite movies or actors..."Do we have this?" or "Does our copy look this good?" are common questions. While our acquiring has pretty much ceased because of associated costs, she does enjoy our occasional screenings. It all comes down to what she enjoys. Watching her reaction to seeing our 16mm print of DRAGONWYCK being screened in an old movie theater was priceless. Seeing Vincent Price waltz across a big screen gave her tears. She still has a couple of titles she is desperately wanting, but no luck.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan, Tom Photiou and Greg Perry

Don Cunningham
Date registered 02.13.2018
home: Texas
ThankYou 33

Last edited 05.13.2022 | Top

#5 by Mark Mander , Fri May 13, 2022 5:59 pm

My wife will watch films with me its buying them she has a problem with!! Ha Ha, Mark

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Tom Photiou
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#6 by Greg Perry , Sat May 14, 2022 2:55 pm

I am at a loss as to why there are not more female film collectors. If you think of all the women that have enjoyed movies at cinemas over the years, then you would expect to see a few more female film collectors. My daughter enjoys watching real films with me. My wife joins to watch a few times a year too. If I sell a print for a nice price, my wife is very enthused. Not as much though when I turn around and buy another print. But in fairness to her, she knows this hobby is important to me and doesn't grumble about it.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Gwyn Morgan

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#7 by Eivind Mork , Sun May 15, 2022 5:00 pm

My best guess is that it can be overwhelming getting into the community with almost exclusively males. With some of them being quite loud ;-)

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and John Armer

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#8 by Gwyn Morgan , Sun May 15, 2022 10:20 pm

Eivind,how can you say such a thing………….loud males….never😃😃

Eivind Mork likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#9 by Mark Mander , Mon May 16, 2022 9:05 pm

I asked the wife what she thought and she said she likes to watch films but the mechanical side puts her off, she would be frightened about breaking something. My mum said she couldn't operate a video recorder so running film wouldn't be an option, Mark

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

Scope Little and Large.
Dave Baker, Whats your story?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor