BLACKPOOL FILM COLLECTORS CONVENTION. 2022.

#1 by Paul Barker , Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:50 pm

HI to all. as some of you may know Elaine Guest is unable to run this years Convention. however i can officially announce that this years event is from friday 18th-20th november at the Grand Hotel . sunday the 20th being the film fair. more in-depth details are on the other forum. please try and support this long running event. thank you. Paul Barker.

Lee Mannering sais Thank You!
Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
Date registered 12.01.2015
ThankYou 45

RE: BLACKPOOL FILM COLLECTORS CONVENTION. 2022.

#2 by David Skillern , Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:46 pm

Hi Paul,

I will check on the other site for more details but I will send you a PM here regarding a certain Speaker for the 16mm projector I bought from you.

David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:48 pm

Could the details not be put up on here as well?

Here
so the Blackpool Film Collectors Convention 2022 is now being run and managed by the following. Simon McConway. Mark Norton. Adrian Winchester. David Watson. Jeremy Norman and myself Paul Barker. myself and Simon visited the Grand Hotel yesterday(Saturday 23rd) to sign the contract and finalise arrangements with the hotel. so i can now officially announce that this years event will be from Friday 18th-20th November. the Film Fair itself on the Sunday the 20th. the Friday night film show will continue as will the Saturday daytime film shows. the Saturday evening meal is once again being organised by Adrian Winchester. further details on all these events will follow shortly. as will details on who to contact for dealer/table bookings etc. in this time of everything going up in price we are very happy to say that the hotel is keeping prices for room/accommodation at last years prices. accommodation can be booked now by contacting the hotel on 01253 623434 ext 3. PLEASE NOTE you must say you are attending the film convention to obtain the special room rates. i am also happy to say that entrance to the Film Fair on Sunday is still being kept at only £6.00.(this has not increased for the past 4 years). further price reductions are also to be announced shortly re the Bring and Buy and Auction charges. and good news for Dealer/Stallholders too. so keep a watch on the forums for news updates. advertising will be appearing in Projections magazine etc and listings from CLASSIC HOME CINEMA etc. we thank them all for their support. as you can see a great effort is going into this event. however it's the support from yourselves as collectors, and Dealers to attend this superb event. so please make the effort to support it. remember it is now being run BY COLLECTORS FOR COLLECTORS. please give your full support to ensure this wonderful event continues. Paul.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 04.24.2022 | Top

#4 by Paul Barker , Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:36 pm

Hi Tom. I do hope you are able to make arrangements to attend this year. I know you have wanted to support it in the past but sadly not making it. it would be lovely if you made it this year. as you know the event is spread over 3 days. a great opportunity and worth a journey to get there. you also get to meet people with the same interest. You can leave having made many new friends and getting some great film bargains as well. Paul.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
ThankYou 45

#5 by Eivind Mork , Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:05 pm

I just saw this and have sent an email to my boss asking to take some days of in November :-)

Paul Barker sais Thank You!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#6 by Paul Barker , Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:35 pm

Eivind Mork likes this
Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
ThankYou 45

#7 by Eivind Mork , Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:28 pm

And my boss has OK'ed my vacation. See you in Blackpool :-)

Greg Perry likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#8 by Paul Barker , Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:18 pm

BLACKPOOL UPDATE. thank you to all comments and support. hotel accomodation at the Grand Hotel can be booked now. the hotel has kept prices same as last year. telephone 01253 623434 ext 3. please mention film fair to get held prices. Dealer/sales tables. we have reduced cost by £5.00 plus 2 tables for price of 1. a great offer . to book telephone Simon McConway 01302 850988 email smcconway@hotmail.com. as you can see great effort is going into this event. please support it. more good news to come. thank you. Paul.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Eivind Mork
Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
ThankYou 45

#9 by Paul Barker , Wed May 04, 2022 12:17 pm

BLACKPOOL UPDATE. the Bring & Buy and the Auction on the sunday. again we are reducing prices. All items put into either will cost just £1 each item. a BIG reduction on previous years. All items must be film related only. your chance to sell your unwanted films equipment etc. in these times of price increases we have either held or reduced prices for this years BLACKPOOL FILM COLLECTORS CONVENTION. any general enquries you can contact myself at paulrb50@googlemail.com. run by collectors for collectors.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
ThankYou 45

#10 by Mark Mander , Thu May 05, 2022 8:26 am

All we have heard over the years is that these conventions run at a loss or barely break even so reducing costs on everything was quite a surprise to read reference the latest developments regarding Blackpool, Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#11 by Paul Barker , Thu May 05, 2022 10:06 am

Mark. thankyou for your comment. as you know Blackpool this year is being run by a group of film collectors. it is not done for profit. it's done for the love of this event. the only one like it in the UK. all people involved do it voluntary, and you can imagine hireing a hotel like this is expensive. all charges made are to cover costs. but like everything else it needs to be supported by collectors and dealers for it to continue in years to come. we are doing our part for what is a fabulous event, spread over 3 days it enables and makes it worth a journey to attend. we have collectors traveling from America.Belgium.Norway.Germany etc to join us for a great film weekend. i hope you are able to join us. Paul.

Eivind Mork likes this
Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
ThankYou 45

#12 by Mark Mander , Thu May 05, 2022 6:21 pm

Thanks Paul
I realise who it's being run by and again realise it's not for profit, as long as costs are covered and a decent amount of sellers offering the kind of films collectors want then I'm sure it will continue and be a success, Mark

Paul Barker sais Thank You!
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#13 by Greg Perry , Thu May 05, 2022 11:54 pm

Paul,

It is great to see the work you and your team are doing for the Blackpool Convention. I am sure by reducing table costs and the other changes you have mentioned, more dealers will be attending. And of course, if Covid continues to stay out of the way it should make for a great weekend....The time and effort that is put towards this event is appreciated, thank you. 👍🏻

The following members like this: Mark Mander and Tom Photiou
Paul Barker and Dave Baker say Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: BLACKPOOL NEWS UPDATE

#14 by Paul Barker , Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:15 pm

Blackpool news update. i am very happy to officially say that former Derann Film Services Director Mr Ged Jones has kindly agreed to participate in an interview/Q&A session during the Blackpool Film Collectors Convention. this will be a bonus afternoon event during sundays Film Fair. the organisers are most grateful to Ged for giving his time and supporting us. i am sure collectors will look forward to this. don't forget you can book hotel accomodation and seller/dealer tables now. thank you.

Greg Perry likes this
Tom Photiou and Greg Perry say Thank You!
Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
ThankYou 45

Last edited 06.20.2022 | Top

Blackpool film collectors convention 2022 update
Florida film collector convention coming to Central Florida this August 2021 !!

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor