Bell & Howell Autoload Model 266 8mm Projector Repair Advice ?

#1 by Tim Fairs , Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:00 pm

Hi ,

I recently bought a Bell & Howell Autoload Model 266 Projector from a charity Shop and I was old when I bought it all was working ( Lamp and Motor etc).

Unfortunately, when I eventually managed to get hold of some 8mm film and try out the projector, I discovered that there is a problem with the upper Ratchet Sprocket which does not turn and so the film is unable to be fed into the threading slot. I have attached a couple of photos of the ratchet sprocket cogs from the inside so you know what part I am referring to.

I am wondering if anyone in the forum might know and be willing to tell me what can be done to repair this projector, either in terms of possibly replacing a part or whether something needs lubricating ?

If you are unable to help with all of the above, I was wondering if you know of any projector repairers or spare part stockists OR other online Forums I can contact ?

Many thanks for all your help !

Tim Fairs

Attached pictures:
thumbnail_IMG_4490.jpg   thumbnail_IMG_4491.jpg  

Tim Fairs  
Tim Fairs
Date registered 12.27.2021

RE: Bell & Howell Autoload Model 266 8mm Projector Repair Advice ?

#2 by Tom Photiou , Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:02 am

Tim, sorry im not familiar with these but hopefully Maurice will look in and may be able to help, (or any other B&H owners)

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Bell & Howell Autoload Model 266 8mm Projector Repair Advice ?

#3 by Maurice Leakey , Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:58 pm

Tim
I am sorry that I don't know this projector, however, why not invest in a repair manual? The following is in the USA. Scroll down to your model.
http://www.photobooksonline.com/books/be...PROJrepair.html

The following is in the UK.
https://www.camera-manual.com/bell-and-h...manual-1142-gbp

You don't say where you live

Tom Photiou likes this
Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

Last edited 12.30.2021 | Top

Help