Ebay horror stories

#1 by Robert Crewdson , Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:19 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

This is an old story I just come across, but given Tom's recent experience, it's quite worrying. It's enough to put you off advertising on Ebay.
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/a...loited-scammers

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Ian Partridge

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

RE: Ebay horror stories

#2 by Tom Photiou , Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:30 pm

Yes, E bay definatly need to do something for the good sellers who get caught by assholes. I think if i was stung by that amount i would tell ebay where to shove there auction site. It not good that a seller cant leave negative views on buyers who try it on. At the end of the day you can also set up a preference to ensure that only people who have more than a certain amount of feedback can bid.
I myself have learnt a few minor lessons on the way, but so far, touch wood, nothing serious. My recent episode was as bad as its got for me. Nothing lost nothing gained.
You just have to be careful i think.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Robert Crewdson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#3 by Greg Perry , Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:21 pm

The Guardian article is worth a read for the tale of the beetroot at the very least! I don't know if I would sell any electronics on ebay after reading the article.

Ebay seems to be getting worse each year--at least in terms of how the site operates. Seems to me that instead of fixing larger issues they continue to dink around with little changes that make no sense and provide no real benefit. On the plus side, I have gotten some real nice films through ebay and have been able to sell a few along the way too. I do wish there was an alternative auction site that was a big enough player to keep ebay from continuing to charge sellers more and more fees.

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Ian Partridge

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#4 by Robert Crewdson , Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:42 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I've had some really good films from Ebay as well that haven't come up on dealers lists. I think Ebay give preference to the buyer over the Seller because they know there is no alternative that has the same power as Ebay. I don't like these stories of sellers losing their payments and the item they sold, leaving them with nothing. Surely, there must be some kind of protection. If you have ever contacted Ebay over anything, it either seems that your message was not read properly, or read by a machine. No personal service.

Greg Perry likes this

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#5 by Ian Partridge , Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:53 pm

I agree the eBay business model has developed into a horror plot. But eBay's shift has been relieving the seller of control of sale of their goods, and burdening the seller when a deal goes wrong. As Robert has said, and I believe also, what eBay is doing is not legal because they have created a mechanism that encourages fraud.

eBay was founded on trust. When identities and transactions were not hidden it was possible to find out in detail about bidders' and sellers' history sufficient to block them or cancel their bid. The ability of sellers to leave negatives to bidders left a public trail of evidence so that eBayers were able to make appropriate decisions quickly without the involvement of eBay. It meant transaction could complete smoothly.

Reading the Guardian story from 2016 proves eBay continues to profit and has done nothing since about the problem.

Ian

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Greg Perry and Robert Crewdson

Ian Partridge
Date registered 08.18.2015
home: Colchester, Essex. United Kingdom
ThankYou 16

Last edited 07.02.2018 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
URGENT ENQUIRY Anyone know who this ebay seller is?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor