URGENT ENQUIRY Anyone know who this ebay seller is?

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Anyone on here know who this is?
know the user is in Greece.

hellenicelada-2

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 06.27.2018 | Top

RE: URGENT ENQUIRY Anyone know who this ebay seller is?

#2 by Greg Perry , Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:36 pm

No, sorry...

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Hopefully someone may then i will reveal why

Robert Crewdson likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#4 by Dave Guest , Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:51 pm

never heard of this guy

Dave Guest
Date registered 09.28.2015
home: lancashire
ThankYou 69

#5 by David Skillern , Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Sounds mysterious Tom !!

David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#6 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:56 pm

Nope never heard of him/her.
Heard of Greece, going on holls there soon!

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Robert Crewdson

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#7 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Happy travels, but don’t bring films, not the best climate ;-) Bought a few from Greece and they were red, the bunch of them

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#8 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:03 pm

If you should meet this geezer, slap the twat!!!

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#9 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:27 pm

Why Tom does this txxt need a slap? Mark

Mark Mander

#10 by Robert Crewdson , Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:43 pm

It's all Greek to me?

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#11 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:22 pm

OK, it looks as though he isn't a forum member, if he is i hope we find his name. I know i do.

I have on ebay my copy of the dirty dozen. Anyone who bids on anything i sell has there user name kept private. This is how my preferences are set in my account and has been for years.
Well, this twat decided to make an opening bid, no problem there, he has pretty good feedback, but when someone else bid he clearly didn't like the fact that he couldn't see who he was bidding against. Only i can. I choose to allow my customers/potential customers to remain private. Why should anyone else see who is making bids? If someone wants it, then bid.

Anyway, out of the blue this tosser sent me a weird message in broken English with expletives shown as acronyms. Here is that first of two messages sent out of the blue, see if you can work it out, this is exactly how it is, this is copied and pasted here,

I know when you meat a ma°°°°°r fu°°°r weth a private bid name --!!!!!!!

i wanted so much to indulge in this utter cock but i thought better of it and reported it to ebay who have now taken action against him. obviously i have blocked him and barred him against bidding. i will now also add Greece to my countries who can get F *****d no matter who it is.

Martin Dew likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#12 by Greg Perry , Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:07 am

Tom,
Haha... I think he should have kept his cursing at you (?) in Greek----something was certainly lost in the translation to English!
I wonder if he thought it was a shill bid to drive his own bid higher?....strange response from him regardless. I will add him to my blocked bidder list as well.

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#13 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:23 am

But quite unfair to stop all Greeks bidding, I never do that myself. All Greeks are not the same

Panayotis Carayannis likes this
Panayotis Carayannis sais Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#14 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:46 am

Well it’s still all Greek to me!

Tom Photiou likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#15 by Robert Crewdson , Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:40 am

I don't think I've ever been able to tell the identity of a bidder. Looking at other bids on an item of interest, it usually shows something like a.......o, and I have no idea who that is. What it does tell me is what categories the person has been bidding in, and how long before the listing ended that the last bid was placed. Some of them aren't like me and watch the countdown and place the bid in the final seconds; they place a bid maybe 1 to 2 hours before, then don't come back until it's all over. That person is best blocked.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#16 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:44 am

Whoever it is they have done themselves no favours, unless there is an endless supply of films on the Greek islands of course. They could have also won the item and complained later for EBay to refund everything and then you are really out of pocket.

You never know the winning bidder might drop out and Tom can make a second chance offer to the Greek bidder, oh hang on I think I just heard some obscenities all the way from Plymouth ha ha,Mark

Tom Photiou likes this
Mark Mander

#17 by Del Phillipson , Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Thanks for letting us know Tom, I have just added his user name to my blocked list.

Tom Photiou likes this

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#18 by Ian Partridge , Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:46 pm

Zorba is not a seller. Appears to have excellent feedback for many eBay purchases - but he has only given few feedback in return significantly no negs given.Iindicates language/literacy deficient?

I would not block Zorba. He does not like bidding in a private auction - but it is something he really wants.

Returning selling (unwanted gear taking space) recently on eBay after a gap of eight years, I have found the "opaque" changes that eBay have made, not least withholding winning bidders names and address details, have made it an impossible marketplace.

This includes bids from new eBay identities created on the day of the final bid whose postcode is false and whose address is a row of commas that eBay fails to exclude. Almost every auction item in some sections of eBay especially in computer, av, and electronics, falls prey to these criminal bots and eBay does nothing other than rake in their dishonest final bid fees. Sellers in desperation relist as 'Buy it Now,' or hover anxiously over their computer screens cancelling bids from newly registered with 0 feedback. After a relist and apparently successful sale and delivery the Return Item request will come through and refund keep item is given.

eBay clearly have denied the possibility of open communicating amongst eBay users and created a playground for the dishonest which eBay profits.

Ian

Ian Partridge
Date registered 08.18.2015
home: Colchester, Essex. United Kingdom
ThankYou 16

Last edited 06.29.2018 | Top

#19 by Robert Crewdson , Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:42 pm

A few years a go I paid £10 for what I thought was a legitimate DVD release. It turned out to be an amateur job, with the main titles missing. I opened a case, and got a return address that didn't exist. I got a refund, and contacted Ebay to report the seller for selling counterfeit goods (A legitimate release was made soon after), I also reported that the return address didn't exist. Ebay said they would look into the matter, and I heard no more, and the seller is still selling the same products. Some sellers receive a lot of negative feedback, but are still allowed to trade.

Ian Partridge likes this

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#20 by Don Cunningham , Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:12 pm

I've had three non-payment issues this year alone from buyers! You can't leave them negative feedback, but Ebay places a "note" on their record. Not good when a seller wants to see who is bidding on their items.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Ian Partridge

Don Cunningham
Date registered 02.13.2018
home: Texas
ThankYou 33

#21 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:50 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Yes, i would certainly think the guy is a total knob,
Vidar, the reason for now cutting out all of Greece is the chances are he has more than one user name or has mates who may bid for him, so as i said, if someone gets my goat like he has done, the whole country can get F****d. At the end of the day the guy only had to ask me a question in a civil way. IF, he doesn't like other bidders being kept private then dont bid, its that simple. He must be a bit of a clown sending a message like that via ebay, surly any brain dead would have an idea that the person on the receiving end would just go to ebay. I started writing a great reply but then thought, hang on, ebay will say im as bad as the bidder, so i played it by the book. The annoying thing is, i have a case number but they dont tell you what action they take. I will follow it up though.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#22 by Panayotis Carayannis , Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:05 am

Well,this discussion has come overboard and I especially didn't like those last remarks coming from a Greek-Cypriot. I am disappointed.In my many years of buying I have been cheated by Americans,English,French.Italians and Spaniards. Should I call f...... cheaters everybody in all those countries? THere are good sellers and good buyers as there are bad sellers and bad buyers,everywhere.As Vidar said,not everybody is the same. I am terribly diasppointed.

The following members like this: Ian Partridge and Greg Perry
Panayotis Carayannis  
Panayotis Carayannis
Date registered 12.05.2015
ThankYou 48

#23 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:34 am

Hello Panayotis,
Yes i was dissapointed more than anyone, i made a conversation with the guy and got a second abusive email. Obviously i am not say anything about the Greeks or anyone else. Why would i being of Greek Cypriot decedent?
E bay can be good but as i found out here out of the blue, it can be bad and from a seller with pretty good feedback. So i cut out the person and his country, (at least until this dies down for some months to come), on the advice from various sources. If i dont do this the chances are he, or one or more of his mates can quite easily become a pain in the butt and cause other problems. Perhaps my use of lingo isn't to everyone's taste but thats i felt about the whole thing and this idiot. I also cut out South America after selling two items out there and they both tried to say they hadn't received the goods and demanded refunds. Then i had to go through the steps to show the signatures of those who signed.
I'm will reopen Greece on my account but not for a few months yet.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#24 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:03 am

We have all been bitten by buyers on EBay,I won't send to certain countries either because of items not being recieved and I've had to refund,I will now offer to send it fully insured and tracked but they don't want to pay for that service so that sorts that. I'm very reluctant to use EBay these days as it's a gamble for a seller with no faith when things go wrong so being abusive wasn't a good start and Tom's reaction is justified, Mark

The following members like this: Ian Partridge, Greg Perry and Tom Photiou
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Mark Mander

#25 by Robert Crewdson , Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:40 am

We've all heard or read horror stories, like someone sending out a film, that gets returned, only it wasn't the copy they sent out. The buyer swapped it for his rubbish copy, or other items being returned in place of what was ordered. Buyers being told to keep the item and getting a refund; how can that be legal, what about the owner of the property.

Some years ago, having a clear out I found a brand new man's safety razor in box with blades. It was 20 to 30 years old. I didn't know they were so collectable. A collector in Germany wanted it badly, and suggested I put a BIN price on it and he would buy it. I told him OK, and said what the price was, he refused saying it was too expensive (I think it was about £20). within minutes of listing, it went to a man in Australia. Then I get nasty emails from this German, saying 'You sold my razor'. I told him he had first offer and refused. Next thing he's saying he's going to report me for selling off Ebay (it was sold on Ebay), and then claiming he was going to see a solicitor, claiming I am racist.

In Tom's case I think he's doing the right thing also, until some time has passed , then he can add Greece back on his list. At the present time he could have all sorts of problems, with someone bidding on his behalf, claiming the item wasn't received, etc.

The following members like this: Ian Partridge and Tom Photiou

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

Last edited 06.30.2018 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Ebay horror stories

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor