A big thanks

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun May 20, 2018 12:23 pm

Thanks to everyone offering support and advice. Meant a lot to me, I feel easier now, with no decisions to make and can get to post the normal “crap” ;-)

Good luck to Greg and those he choose to help. I consider quite a lot of you friends, sadly not gotten to know all, but can still happen

Thanks again

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson, Eivind Mork, Greg Perry and Mats Abelli
Eivind Mork and Greg Perry say Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

RE: A big thanks

#2 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Look forward to your posts as always Vidar.

The following members like this: Don Cunningham, Vidar Olavesen and Greg Perry

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Spend your time wisely now Vidar and use the luxury of having some spare now to great affect so far as your personal issues are concerned.

We look forward to seeing anything you may post but also prefer hearing that given the changes now to your previous "stressful" lifestyle of the past , it has now paid huge dividends in rectifying any damage caused to relationships.

If the extra free time and a "happier" Vidar does not promote this, the changes to your forum will have proven fruitless and unnecessary which then would be a great shame without some positive news as a result.

Thanks for the past times you helped create here with your forum, now we must all concentrate on our futures in life.

Take care Vidar.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 20, 2018 3:06 pm | Top

#4 by John Hourigan ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Vidar, thank you for reminding us to focus on the truly important things in life, as those things don’t include a film forum. However, you rightly recognized that changes were necessary to this little part of the world for it to continue, regardless. For that, your friends here are especially grateful, and only wish you the very best.

Things like a film forum are among the many things that should enhance one’s life, not become the focus of it.

The following members like this: Douglas Warren, Robert Crewdson and Mats Abelli
John Hourigan

#5 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Vidar has already said in his post that he feels easier now, no decisions to take. So it's already had benefits for him.

Mats Abelli likes this

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#6 by Douglas Warren , Sun May 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Wishing you the very best Vidar. We'll stay in touch on Facebook as usual.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Mats Abelli

Douglas Warren
Date registered 01.24.2018
home: West Chester, Ohio
ThankYou 40

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 4:32 pm

#5 that was meant to a "top" btw everyone to Roberts last reply.
I pressed the wrong button inadvertently and unlike previously, now I can no longer change it myself unfortunately.

Big fingers aging eyes syndrome.

Please amend this mistake if you will please Robert or any other with the ability to.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 20, 2018 4:33 pm | Top

#8 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 4:34 pm

Andrew Woodcock does not like this; so much for your best wishes to Vidar and your support for the new owner. This is a film forum, and we should be discussing film, not harping on continuously about events of 24 hours ago.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Please see the post I have just placed above Robert before harshly drawing to any conclusions.

Andrew Woodcock

#10 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 4:36 pm

I am unable to do it. Will have to be done by an Admin I think. Never seen that one before Andrew.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 4:40 pm

When its happened before due to my oversized sausage fingers and enormous hands, I've been able to correct it myself almost instantaneously. Now sadly it isn't the case.

Anyhow so long as everyone understands this was a genuine mistake and of course I wanted to press "tops" and not "flops", if it cannot be rectified, it doesn't matter.

Andrew Woodcock

#12 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun May 20, 2018 4:41 pm

Andrew, did you try clicking the Flop again? Should toggle on and off. Think that is the only way to change it.

And no worries either ay, we are allowed to agree and disagree. No problem in my opinion

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

Last edited 05.20.2018 | Top

#13 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 4:44 pm

From past experience, you should be able to remove it by clicking the button again.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#14 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 4:45 pm

I did try doing that yes Vidar. Unlike previously it now no longer seems to allow me the ability to rectify the error.

I too now am having to learn the whole new experience of just how our membership must have found difficulties at times adding or editing things once they have already posted and then someone posts afterwards etc etc.

It is far more restrictive than I ever previously realized but I had sympathized previously with our members here before on many occasions when they've highlighted to me some of these restrictions beyond what you have as an admin member here.

When I press "flop" twice now, it just tells me that I have already rated this comment and doesn't allow me to change it to "top" very sadly.

It's funny how I repeatedly I get my surname thrown in for good measure when someone feels they are trying to make an example of me.
I remember Winbert doing a similar thing years back.
It makes you feel like you're back at school being told off by teacher! 😁😁

Maybe thats the idea.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 20, 2018 4:56 pm | Top

#15 by John Hourigan ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Yet, once again, a PM would have been much more appropriate than beating this to death ad nauseam in the forum, Andrew.

John Hourigan
Last edited Sun May 20, 2018 4:59 pm | Top

#16 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 5:00 pm

An explanation was needed that was all John.
Apologies for becoming tiresome to you John.

24 hours ago, I'd have been able to change it myself Robert so no explanation publicly would have ever proven necessary.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 20, 2018 5:08 pm | Top

#17 by John Hourigan ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Well, please remember that is a film forum, not a personal platform for any member to pontificate endlessly on. A change has been made to the forum leadership, and Greg has already stated quite clearly that some things, such as some of the forum’s functionality, may need to be addressed during the coming days given the leadership transition.

Douglas Warren likes this
John Hourigan

#18 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 5:15 pm

You won't need my assistance in future Andrew. No doubt the rules will need to be rewritten to accommodate these changes. It's all very early yet, Greg hasn't had time to settle in. My status will also be updated today to include Admin as before.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

Last edited 05.20.2018 | Top

#19 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 5:16 pm

That all sounds very official and perfectly splendid then John thanks.

That's an unusual statement to make there Robert. I can't say I fully understand what is meant by it though. (???)

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 20, 2018 5:18 pm | Top

#20 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 5:25 pm

You don't need any help from me Andrew, plain and simple. Now that we have discussed the events of 24 hours ago, since early this morning, I would like to get on to the subject of films again. My response on this thread is ended.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#21 by Eivind Mork , Sun May 20, 2018 5:25 pm

I am afraid I can't change this either. I haven't found any place to edit it. But now this is clear that it was a mistake which I have done too. So let's move on to the topic.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 404

#22 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 5:26 pm

No worries and thanks for trying on my behalf gentlemen.
Let the topic continue.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 20, 2018 5:27 pm | Top

#23 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 5:33 pm

For the third time today I have had to lock a thread. Only you want this topic to continue .

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Question for Greg then to answer please.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor