New Captain.

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Sun May 20, 2018 8:32 am

Sunday dawns and a new leader at the helm.
Welcome Greg to your new position best wishes to you and the future of the forum.
👍👍📽📽

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: New Captain.

#2 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 12:06 am

Well done Greg for taking on this forum just heard about this and some well needed changes need to be put in place, glad Robert has remained to help out too,hopefully I'll be back posting again soon after a break from here but the much needed changes that really do need to happen to make this forum a friendly place and others to return or join should happen fairly quickly,my sincere best wishes to Vidar for all his efforts on here,hopefully a more relaxed time ahead for him too,Mark

The following members like this: Martin Dew and Robert Crewdson
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Mark Mander

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 12:16 am

Incidentally Mark, just for the record the name Andrew Woodcock never logs off here in future present to talk or otherwise. I hope this meets with your entire and complete approval?

So far this is the only active policy I can detect and I will be here for an eternity to detect the rest.

Nice to see you back here and posting here where you belong Mark. You have far too much knowledge, experience and options to bring here to ever remain in the backdrop!!

Well done Mark and nice to see you posting again on a real film forum!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#4 by John Hourigan ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 12:25 am

Glad you’re back, Mark! Also, others have reached out to me and indicated that, given the very much-needed changes that are taking place on the forum, they will now consider joining, which is great news. They strongly indicated they did not like what they saw prior to Robert becoming moderator. Now that Greg is spearheading the forum and putting into place and enforcing long overdue rules, the last vestiges of the prior forum are pretty much now gone, and they (and I) welcome the fact that level-headed adults are in charge (thanks to Vidar's decision over the weekend).

Welcome back, Mark — your coming back is yet another great sign the forum is heading in the right direction!

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Douglas Warren
Robert Crewdson sais Thank You!
John Hourigan
Last edited Mon May 21, 2018 12:30 am | Top

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 12:31 am

Whatever time our moderator and admin team can ever stay up until, over the years I have proved I can cover this forum and others for 24/365 if Necessary. That will never change btw!

Nobody is committed to the well being of this forum more than myself,after all l I have a past here and one which cements my passion and love to see this platform prosper and grow far beyond what was ever going to be possible under our previous tenure!!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon May 21, 2018 12:33 am | Top

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 12:40 am

Incidentally Greg & Robert,

I have written to both in private today so far as our latest moderating team is concerned with Robert and Greg holding the front.

So far at least sadly i have to report nothing has been posted back to me, somewhat sad really when you consider nobody and I mean nobody ever waited an hour longer than was absolutely necessary from what came before it!

No doubt my answers will be forthcoming as from tomorrow now!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon May 21, 2018 12:43 am | Top

#7 by John Hourigan ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 12:46 am

I think it all simply means that it’s very important to have a life outside of the forum, Andrew. Nothing discussed here is so important so as to require immediate responses around the clock. And none of us have the inclination to spend countless hours here each day. Life is too short and wonderful for that.

It’s simply a forum about a hobby — there are no life-or-death issues here.

Douglas Warren likes this
John Hourigan
Last edited Mon May 21, 2018 12:47 am | Top

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 12:50 am

Eivind, perhaps you can then answer for your new leadership team ??

Hopefully our questions to this forum have been forwarded to you given the abssensce of the rest of orb leadership team here now?

If they have I don't doubt for one second ALL will appreciate a response!

Andrew Woodcock

#9 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 12:50 am

Let's hope things remain friendly then Andrew and others can return too, the rules state that members that continually offend will be dealt with and removed if necessary, there can't be many more chances left for those members and new or old members who do wish to return(me included) need the reassurance that this will happen otherwise this great forum won't continue the way it was intended when Vidar started it, I will continue to look in for these answers as I'm sure others are monitoring certain threads too for these reasons, I have had many members contact me and all have concerns the same which is unfriendly and abusive threads from certain members on a continuous basis over the years, they seem to behave afterwards for so long or even play the victim then strke again, it's this repeated behaviour that looses good people, now if any member reading this can think of such a person then please contact them and have a quiet word to help keep things moving forward,Mark

Mark Mander

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 12:53 am

I have many memebers contact me too Mark with concerns about our future,

Its in our own hands as it always ever was!!

Andrew Woodcock

#11 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 12:54 am

John,
Thankyou for your kind words,appreciate it,Mark

Robert Crewdson likes this
Mark Mander

#12 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 12:57 am

Nice when you receive kind words regarding your efforts within this forum isn't it Mark?

Andrew Woodcock

#13 by Greg Perry , Mon May 21, 2018 1:17 am

Andrew,
Can you help me understand what question(s) must be urgently answered? Can I ask if you use this same approach to obsessively demanding an answer or reply at your workplace or with friends and family members? I highly doubt it, as others would not tolerate it and it is simply not how people communicate with one another.
This demanding an answer occurred towards Vidar as part of the transition process where you needed to know what the decision was. Previously, it has occurred on more than once occasion with John Hourigan--I believe most recently on Mother's Day (the American date).

As has been stated, many of us, including members of the team supporting the forum have numerous activities outside of and in addition to this great forum.
We cannot be here 24/7/365, nor should that be expected!! This forum operates very well with measured support from admin and moderator team members.

As I have said to you in my PM to you earlier in the day: You are a valuable member, you have more knowledge and expertise than most everyone else here. Your contributions have been very much appreciated and valued. However, we cannot continue in this manner of poor communication. Can you please take a step back when you feel so stressed by things here--and refrain from posting things like this where you simply are demanding someone to answer you? These types of incidents do not help you in any way, and they are not welcome here. I am not sure how any of us can get this message across to you in any way more clear and direct than this, and sadly, I am concerned.

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Douglas Warren
Robert Crewdson sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#14 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 1:20 am

I have no problem whatsoever waiting until tomorrow morning for my answer thanks Mark or Greg for that matter!!

Goodnight everyone and what a first debut day for Greg, despite not hearing from him all day, it really couldn't have gone more swimmingly for him all day here even if he had planned it this way!

i have the patience of a saint always. Don;t rush your your responses folks, it is after all only a hobby, only a forum !

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon May 21, 2018 1:28 am | Top

#15 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon May 21, 2018 1:28 am

Please, Andrew, are you not seeing you are doing it again? Few remarks towards Mark and Greg that were unnecessary. Don’t tell me they were meant friendly, smileys doesn’t automatically mean friendly

Take a deep breath, think before posting, and ask yourself is this necessary, will it make things better?

Use your great expert skills, these are the things needed and wanted

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

Last edited 05.21.2018 | Top

#16 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 1:32 am

Its all friendly Vidar , as always Vidar. Take some time out and visit your Wife Vidar. She no doubt will be by now, be begging for your attentions.

It is rare you get a double chance in such circumstances here Vidar,.. don't blow yours in Norway, it cannot be that far removed from our experiences here in the UK.

They say Jump!,.. you say How High??

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon May 21, 2018 1:43 am | Top

#17 by Michael Lattavo , Mon May 21, 2018 3:14 am

Congrats Greg! I too collect most of the gauges, would love to hear what equipment you're using (especially for the 35mm!). Now that I think about it - did you attend the recent CineSea? If so, I believe we met on Thursday - small world!

Michael Lattavo
Date registered 10.01.2015
ThankYou 42

Last edited 05.21.2018 | Top

#18 by Greg Perry , Mon May 21, 2018 3:58 am

Hi Mike,
Yep, that was me there at CineSea! Great to meet you! If you will be making it to CinEvent I hope you will share some photos and details of that gathering for the forum members here!

As far as 35mm goes, I recently disassembled the Simplex 35mm projector, rectifier, lamphouse etc so I could get it down to our lower level. All that cast iron weighs a ton. Next step, wire an outlet for it, clean the reflector (any suggestions?)....it will be interesting to mess with this and see if I can get it running!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#19 by John Hourigan ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 4:30 am

That’s great that you met up at Cinesea! I usually make it to Cinevent given I go to the PGA Memorial tournament the following weekend, given both are located in the Columbus, Ohio area. While I’ll be going to the Memorial tournament, I won’t be able to make it to Cinevent this year, as my corporate duties have to take precedence during that time frame. But I will get to visit with Steve Osborne after the final round of the Memorial tournament.

When I used to live in the Dayton, Ohio area, I would make my annual trek to Cinevent, and regularly attend Steve’s film shows. Now that I’ve lived about 1,200 miles to the west for the last 11 years, it makes it a little harder to attend Cinevent on a regular basis. Post some pix if you go this year!

Thanks!

John Hourigan
Last edited Mon May 21, 2018 4:46 am | Top

#20 by Robert Crewdson , Mon May 21, 2018 8:26 am

As explained to Greg yesterday I banned Andrew from sending me any PMs, as it was obvious to me that after I had locked a thread, he wished to continue his argument, sorry, friendly banter, in private. Like everyone else, I have a life outside of the forum, and a good home life, so can't and don't want to be sat in front of a computer 24/7. It then is not a hobby but an obsession. With such a dedicated person, who knows all the rules, you would wonder why the regime change came about.

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#21 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 8:36 am

That is terrible manner and attitude in which to serve a long standing member of this forum, as a member of its leadership team Robert.

You made this one public too Robert, let's never forget.

That again was always described as displaying your dirty laundry in public in my time in "the chair".

We all love real film here, whether that is for one hour of the day or twenty four, it shouldn't be up for scrutiny from the leadership of a film forum in my humble opinion.

Outrageous behaviour Robert if you don't mind me saying.

You use the word argument, I use the word point.

I am most disappointed with you regarding this one Robert.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon May 21, 2018 8:59 am | Top

#22 by Robert Crewdson , Mon May 21, 2018 9:20 am

Being a long standing member doesn't allow you to act in a manner deemed unsuitable for others. Your'e not the only one disappointed Andrew.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#23 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 am

Read your e-mails Robert!

The Kingdom Choir currently perform on television here, its a great shame as people, fellow film collectors, we simply cannot connect with their poignant sentiments.
For those with heart, we have tears in our eyes.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon May 21, 2018 9:32 am | Top

#24 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 21, 2018 9:45 am

Please unlock my Lion King Review if you will.

It is an unfinished piece of work by myself and one I'd like to continue with later today.

Why a film review needs ever to be locked down is quite frankly, completely beyond me.
Not in my lifetime here!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon May 21, 2018 9:46 am | Top

#25 by Robert Crewdson , Mon May 21, 2018 9:46 am

I'm not continuing this conversation Andrew, the fish are not biting. You can carry on if you wish, talking to an empty room. I'm not locking or deleting this thread I will leave it for Greg to see when he comes back.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Member status change made

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor