RE: northwest film fair blackpool nov 18th video footage

#26 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:09 am

We can't explain what happened: did your thread disappear completely, and you had to write a new one, because this thread says it was started yesterday?. Maybe there was some glitch in the system as has happened before, but if your original post is missing, it was not down to any action by myself or the administrators. We have all been looking forward to seeing the video ever since you announced it.

Robert Crewdson

#27 by Dave Guest , Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:13 am

no I just added my comment re cant understand why no comments were made then everyone said its only just gone on one pm of a forum said he wish he would have left a comment then it would have moved from the top

Dave Guest
Date registered 09.28.2015
home: lancashire
ThankYou 69

#28 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:16 am

If others have added comments to any of the other threads just as you were posting your own David, then just for the "rolling activity threads" display, then of course yours will have inadvertently become quickly pushed down the rolling activity threads. I can assure you again David, that no member here would have replied to a post purely to allow this to have happened. It simply isn't what goes on here.
People just reply to topics which at that time, they feel they may have something to add or discuss.

Yours being an informative post, left little to be said by anyone else aside from perhaps adding.. "well done for keeping the Film Fair going and well done for the professional video you have now had made from your last event." Or "Keep Up The Good Work" perhaps.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am | Top

#29 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:28 am

If that is the same thread then it's been recorded as posted yesterday and not the day before. Threads not being read or commented is something that happens to others; I informed Tom about some of my film reviews, as it seemed that they hadn't been noticed, and were being pushed further down the list.

Robert Crewdson

#30 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:35 am

It happens regularly here Robert.

Unlike Film Tech, we do not offer a page where every single daily entry sits on a notice board by clicking a "Today's Active Topics" tab.

Maybe we should have a similar arrangement I don't know, but either way by checking through each of the sections here, anything remotely recent as a thread or post, is clearly visible and very easily found.

we never get hundreds of different posts or threads in just one solitary day.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:37 am | Top

#31 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:25 am

I think the mystery has been solved; the post never disappeared. I received an email from Hugh Scott, who stayed up late on Sunday to try and win a film, and said he remembered reading the post. The time of the post is 12.20 AM, which means it was posted after midnight, so it would come up as posted Monday, not Sunday.

Robert Crewdson

#32 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Been a bit ill, so not read everything. Will check video and I am buying DVD if there is any sold. If you want to see the posts, I believe just click on forum part you want to check ...

Film talk in general

If someone saw your post before Insurance, that is really strange. As you see from Andrews picture, no delete was made by admins

Sorry for inconvenience, but to be fair, your comments, Mr. Guest was not called for. I never complain f anyone not reply to my posts, people are free to reply or not

Mats Abelli likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#33 by Simon McConway , Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:36 pm

Stunning video! Who ever it is at the end saying "Best film convention in the country" is spot on. I look forward to buying the DVD.

Stuart Reid likes this
Simon McConway  
Simon McConway
Date registered 11.21.2016

#34 by Stuart Reid , Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:42 pm

When David showed me the clip on Sunday he actually persuaded my missus to go! That's a salesman!

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

#35 by David Skillern , Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:32 pm

Stunning Video CLIP - I would have preferred at least another minute to whet collectors appetites - Its a great weekend - but I don't think such a short clip does the weekend justice.

David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#36 by Dave Guest , Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:52 pm

that's all they sent me so just put on what I got

Dave Guest
ThankYou 69

#37 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:10 pm

Is that typical of Film Conventions, that people take the films out of the boxes and unroll them, handling them with possible greasy fingers; some don't seem that careful.

David Alligan likes this
Robert Crewdson

#38 by Tom Photiou , Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:17 pm

I saw people doing this at Ealing years ago,
i cant see the point in that, the first 20 feet may be tops but the rest crap. Hollywood film handler wannabees?? (only joking, dont get upset)

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#39 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:38 pm

A good idea might be to play over a Tannoy system, George Formby singing 'If you don't want the goods don't maul 'em'.

Tom Photiou likes this
Robert Crewdson

#40 by Tom Photiou , Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:49 am

It's funny you say that, i was thinking, when these people pull it all out and wrap it around there hands, they then decide they dont want it and back it goes, How many times does that happen before it gets sold, then the buyer finds the first few feet either filthy, damaged with creases or scratched. I aware most collectors know how to handle film but is it necessary to unwind the amounts i have seen people unwind? It explains why so many films i have seen have had some markings for the first few feet of viewing.

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

Last edited 03.01.2018 | Top

#41 by Del Phillipson , Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:32 am

Robert, I always check films before buying them, looking for possible red prints and severe scratches is a must before parting with the hard earned cash, everybody at conventions does this, it's a norm.

P.S. I always make sure my hands aren't greasy

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 135

#42 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:37 pm

Never attended a film fair, but thought if I did, I would probably ask questions, and hoped the seller could answer them. Not all dealers are honest; there was a story a few years ago of someone who bought a set of 16mm rewinds, and got home only to find the gears on one didn't work. They probably didn't make a note of who the seller was. I would be surprised if they were unaware of the problem. Tom, I have had films with badly damaged and creased white leader. I wonder if some films have been viewed at all by some dealers, as I have had films with the leader so thin, including that fullcoat magnetic, that it wouldn't feed through my B&H.

Robert Crewdson
Last edited Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:40 pm | Top

#43 by Dave Guest , Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:24 pm

in all the years I have been running blackpool I have only had one customer who said the print he bought seemed dupy so I passed on his details and it was resolved I have all dealers contact details which I will always pass on its always best to buy a film from a convention especially if he is a dealer and they are always happy to project it for you before money changes hand ,I my self have always 2 or 3 machines together and they can view the entire print if they are happy to sit there and watch it

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Greg Perry

Dave Guest
ThankYou 69

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Watching the countdown.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor