Lets lighten the mood here, lets have a laugh

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 pm

Tonight i took another look at my film room,
one end is done, (i think its haunted thought, i seem to have those ghosty orbs, what nonsense),
As you can see the back end behind the projector is yet to do, all the blue paint will be getting fresh coat and the rubbish there will be gone, the very bright light will be replaced with a film room friendly unit with a dimmer switch,
Now i ask you, is this clapper board ornament really a nice way for a film buddy Brother to behave? this is typical of his humour,

the wall behind the screens is again a nice even Matt black and the star wars clock is back up and running along with some 16mm reels to make it more filmy, as per previous thread.

You will also note that my audience often comprises of those Disney characters, at least there quite and dont talk all the way through,

Now What do i watch now? This fat twat needs to lose some weight

Still a lot do, i will paint those wood supports matt black and also reduce the posters previously seen to four and also add more reels to the wall. Also on the hunt for very cheap, (next to nothing old fashioned projector for show. Dave Guests idea there is one i do like along with the reels Robert suggested.

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Martin Dew, Del Phillipson and Eivind Mork

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

Last edited 02.22.2018 | Top

RE: Lets lighten the mood here, lets have a laugh

#2 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:09 pm

That looks very nice Tom; the reels are a nice touch. I also like the original decoration (Cine Film painting), on the blue wall. What is the poster behind your projector, looks interesting.

Del Phillipson likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Robert Crewdson

#3 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:27 pm

That was another "gift" bought for me for the film room. Dear old Mother. She saw this in Tavistock market, this is classic interlude poster that is quite common but this particular one is different because it plugs in and lights up. During the intervals its quite nice as although it doesn't look too bright those LED's put out a nice colourful light.
It's quite hard to photograph it but here is a couple with the lights on. If you click on each one you will see the lights better.
BTW, those leatherface headlights were also from the states and all light up. Belive it or not they are xmas tree or Halloween lights Quite effective when switched on though.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#4 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Thanks for photographing that Tom, that's a brilliant picture to have in a film room, and not one I had seen before.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Robert Crewdson

#5 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:34 pm

At first i thought it looked a bit tacky but when its lit it does look very good, the exit sign at the top left flashes red, all the lights are different colour, it doesn't show up too well here but its like a xmas tree and Humphrey Bogart's torch really does look pretty good.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:25 pm

It's all good buddy. Some really nice touches there and anything that comes as a gift from our aging mums nowadays is something very precious indeed.
I think the picture is perfect for a home cinema room.

My Mum is 84 next and for many years now, since she has been by herself, I have saved every Christmas and Birthday card from her.
We treasure them even more the older they get.

I see your brother shares your wicked sense of humour btw Tom! 😁😁😁

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Del Phillipson
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:31 pm | Top

#7 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:48 pm

My father kept every birthday and Xmas card I ever gave him, I only discovered this a few years before he died. I kept all his from the last 16 years or so of his life. My father used to help me buy my Super 8 features; without him I would only have half the collection I have.

Robert Crewdson

#8 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:55 pm

i also keep my cards, one thing my wife and i do is to give each other the same cards each year, birthday card,Xmas card and valentines card but each year we write the year on the back with some xx
Msany of my films are from mum and Brothers, in fact i would say at least 25/30% of my collection is gifts from family.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Digital references.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor