RE: Why?

#26 by Michael Lattavo , Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:53 pm

You have a good point there Martin, maybe I just had a couple of bad machines! I only use Telex 16mm military models now, though - they aren't very popular for some reason, but great machines - quiet, manual thread, and very gentle on film (adjustable pressure gate)!

Martin Dew likes this

Michael Lattavo
Date registered 10.01.2015
ThankYou 42

#27 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:22 pm

I must add although i fully understand the professional boys who were /are projectionists for a living, the manual thread is definatly the way to go but i have never had any problems with any auto load machines unless the leader was damaged to start with.
The only machine to ever consatina any leader was my Brothers Eumig 810D.

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Martin Dew likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#28 by Martin Dew , Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:45 am

Regarding #7, Andrew, I do have some double-perf 16mm films, but no double-perf projectors, so I can`t test them for strength/weakness. But a career projectionist friend of mine told me that 16mm double-perf films played on double-perf projectors would not suffer the same sprocket hole damage as single-perf. I suspect that the wear and break-up of single-perf 16mm film, although accelerated by a design flaw, is compounded too by how often films have been played on rent from libraries, as a couple of people suggested earlier.

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

Last edited 01.17.2018 | Top

#29 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:15 am

Thanks for covering all points raised Martin. It all makes perfect sense to me and I am certain all points highlighted come into the equation by one degree or another.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Martin Dew likes this
Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
DIY - Interface for using Pedro's sync box

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor