RE: So then just out of interest....

#26 by Graham Sinden , Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:41 am

Purely on the "looks", my favourite has to be the ST1200 HD. Just seeing that on the stand laced up with its nice silver body it looks good. Second would be the Eumig 926 with its metallic gold finish much better looking than the 938/940 (though I know which model I would prefer )

Graham S

Martin Dew likes this
Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

#27 by Del Phillipson , Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:21 am

Has to be the GS1200 for me, my wife has threatened to name my Elmo as a third party if she ever came round to divorcing me . She has even accused me of kissing it goodnight, to which I could never confirm or deny

Must admit, most projectors like great to me.

The following members like this: Stuart Reid and Martin Dew

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#28 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 am

See, there is another configuration you either love or loathe for the way it looks,..
The old coaxial reel arrangement! 😂😂

Just like the old one on top, one underneath, both at the front arrangement, the coaxial reel set up, this time with both reels mounted to the rear, made no sense at all to my way of thinking but obviously for Graham, it works!

I also believe the HD variants of the ST 1200 are mighty fine looking machines in all of their Silver armoury.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 am | Top

#29 by Martin Dew , Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 am

Yes, Graham, the metallic gold finish on the 926 was beautiful. Paul Adsett in Florida has a pic of his 938 with the a 926 lamphouse cover fitted. Looks amazing.

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

#30 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:49 am

I am certain the "blingy" appearance of the Gold metallic paintwork would still prove very popular today if projectors were ever back in vogue.

Apparently Gold coloured phones are somehow perceived as a status symbol among the youth of today. 😂😂😂

Martin Dew likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:49 am | Top

#31 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:53 am

#27 ,..

Kissing our machines goodnight after a hard nights graft is nothing Del, I positively tuck mine safely into its own single bed each night! 😂😂😂🎄😵

When I feel its worked exceptionally hard and behaved flawlessly, I even read it its favourite bedtime story,... The Rise & Fall Of The DVD Player!

Are we film collectors nuts? You bet your bottom Dollar we are!! 😂😂😂

Del Phillipson likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:40 am | Top

#32 by Maurice Leakey , Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:39 am

I would never have enough time to tuck all mine up in bed at night. It would be too exhausting.

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

#33 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:41 am

It would be like revisiting the Waltons including all of their extended family! 😂😂

Goodnight John Boy, goodnight Mary- Ellen....😂😂😂

You can only watch from one at once Maurice!

Not unless you are human Scallop with over 110 eyeballs, and hands to match!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 am | Top

#34 by Del Phillipson , Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Nice one Andrew, that's the biggest laugh I've had since Sunday with our Kev and Raz taking the michael out of the Rags in injury time

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#35 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Ooooohhhh Kevin De Bruyne! 😂😂😂

Andrew Woodcock

#36 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:58 pm

So in no particular order, here are my own views on the top ten best looking substandard gauge projectors and my reasons for selecting each of them...

1/ The Fujicascope SD 25.

The first I felt worthy of highlighting for it's all round impressive looks, sleek bodywork and Just simply an unbelievable array of recording and audio facilities in general is the Fujicascope SD 25.
This was the companies flagship and final model and the remaining parts to build these once they closed their doors from production of Super 8mm equipment, all went over to Yelco to rebadge their own version of these simply aesthetically gorgeous looking machines.
I have gone with the original fuji version over and above the Yelco for looks, simply because I feel the black and silver contrasting bodywork still looks as current today as it did all those years previously.
Still to this day there is a premium to be paid for Silver brushed aluminium fascias among home cinema amplifiers and receivers when placed against an overall black bodywork exterior.
A simply superb machine to to sit and simply look at, let alone use!

2/ The Bauer P8 T400

With it's outstanding modern sleek appearance, plus it's simple yet professional quality layout throughout, The Bauer HTI model has it all to please any discerning 16mm collector.
I am not, and never will be a 16mm collector, but if I were, then this model would simply have to be the one I would buy in a heartbeat. Lovely looking machine.
The only way i feel the manufacturers could have possibly improved on the aesthetics of this particular machine, would have been to have placed the take up arm nearer towards the rear of the machine to balance things out a little I feel. Otherwise an absolute beauty, just don't forget the Bilson Black Muffs!

3/ The Eumig S938 / S940

One of the attributes I spoke of earlier surrounding my own view on what makes a High End later Super 8mm projector really stand out in the crowd is when the manufacturers chose to include an on-board mixing desk.
This really adds to the aesthetic appeal of these later machines in my opinion and it is here that I feel that Eumig made their best looking and most technically advanced machine up until the point of their own closure so far as Super 8mm equipment was concerned.
With this level of progress made from their previous models both in the looks department as well as the actual performance levels obtained in use, one can only imagine where Eumig may have gone to next to produce anything that came even shortly afterwards, if only their design team had been given the opportunity.

Almost certainly, i am betting the Spondon would never had been needed but the chance of gaining a machine that plays back both Stereo magnetic films as well as mono Optical sound films would have already passed for this manufacturer on a later high end model, no doubt.

4/ The Elmo ST1200HD

The Elmo ST1200HD was in it's day, Elmo's flagship projector up until the point in time when the GS 1200 was manufactured and released into the market.
A fine looking machine which stands out above the initial Green coloured bodywork by its two tone Silver upon Black makeover.
A machine that as the photographs below show, still doesn't look out of place alongside it's big brother and with two of the large Elmo Jewel Reels fitted to it, will always be an impressive sight to any true Super 8mm fanatic. A really stylish looking machine with a professional build quality appearance running all the way through with this machine.

Attached pictures:
download (1).jpg   download.jpg   images.jpg  

The following members like this: Martin Dew and Del Phillipson
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm | Top

#37 by Graham Sinden , Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:00 pm

Andrew regarding post #28 , I DO NOT like the coaxial arrangement of the 926 (an interesting idea but not practically a good one) but this topic was all about looks and so how it works should be non important. I do have one but have hardly used it but have kept it as I really like the look of it. Maybe I will use it more one day once I clean the discs and get the correct speed. Despite its shortcomings I still think its a stunner in the looks department.

I might annoy you by this but I think the Beaulieu 708 a bit boring to look at. A nice runner but too much black. IMO The GS 1200 beats it on the looks

Graham S

Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

#38 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:12 pm

I completely agree with you Graham regarding the Eumig 926. A lovely looking machine but to me, would look even better if the reels were able to be mounted in the same manner as the rest.
Eumig soon learned their lesson Graham, and then swiftly returned to the more traditional and far more practical in line reel arrangement.

So far as the Beaulieu machines are concerned, I partially agree with you in that the early black mono only machine as well as the duo play model don't look outstandingly beautiful, however by the time we are eyeing up the stereo and Studio models in their striking battleship grey hammered paintwork, I personally think there has never been a better looking Super 8mm Projector ever made!

Contemporary in design but sleek as silk in elegance terms.
To my mind, It simply oozes class.
On the later models, the only parts which are Black in colour from viewing the machine are Input Guides and Rear Roller, One or Two Elecrical Rocker Switches, the fascia to the Mixing Desk and the Rear Cover. All else is either a Silver coloured polished metal finish or Battleship Grey Paintwork, so bags of contrasting and interesting shades to feast the eyes upon on the later models.

Absolutely stunning just to look at with either the giant Posso or even the Elmo Jewel reels fitted.
Next to it, just for appearance alone, I rate the Elmo GS 1200 the highest, just for looks.
In this respect then, I share the very same opinion as Alan Rik here who incidentally, has owned many different models of all three of the big three on Super 8mm

Graham Sinden likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:42 pm | Top

#39 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Following on from previous page dug this machine out of my collection.
Hope you like the colour and it’s dead simple to use.
Not my favourite but as I say it’s got colour and you don’t see that many on here,although I’m sure lots of members have this machine.Anyone got a different colour??😂😂
[[File:7503904B-EA97-42DB-B9C8-9F81BD82F3BD.jpeg|none|auto]]

Attachment:
7503904B-EA97-42DB-B9C8-9F81BD82F3BD.jpeg

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#40 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:18 pm

I'd love to be able to see the picture you posted Gwyn!

What was it Gwyn?

An orange GS or something?

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:19 pm | Top

#41 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Workingagain?

Attached pictures:
0A980D0C-5072-4284-9AB8-F301FD981BA1.jpeg  

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#42 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Good. I will carry on with my post again later then now.
Thanks for letting us all know Vidar.:))

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#43 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Nope not an orange GS 😱😂

Gwyn Morgan
ThankYou 273

#44 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Maybe a violet GS then?

Andrew Woodcock

#45 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Green?

Yellow?

Blue then?

Oh no, surely not a red one!

Andrew Woodcock

#46 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Wrong ....Hokushin 16mm ...fun machine ,I like the way the front loading arm swings around with the film to automatically load the projector.
Don’t use it very often as I still prefer my Fumeos.
Site won’t let me upload picture.

Gwyn Morgan
ThankYou 273

#47 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:12 pm

It's supposed to be working now according to Vidar, Gwyn???

Andrew Woodcock

#48 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Nope not for me anyway just tried again and no go try tomorrow.😟

Gwyn Morgan
ThankYou 273

#49 by Maurice Leakey , Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:01 pm

I have the same model that Gwyn has. It's the Hokushin SC-10. Always fascinating to watch it load.
https://van-eck.net/img/itable/images/fi...30391292026.jpg

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

Last edited 12.13.2017 | Top

#50 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:24 am

It's a nice looking machine is that one Maurice, in all of its "City" blue and polished silverware!

It looks like the beginning of Joe 90 tv programme to thread up however.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:27 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Independent 8's Christmas competition

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor