My Best Article to Date, (IMO)

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:27 pm

Hello all,
i wont give the game away as to what my article in the next Film Collector magazine is but i believe it is the best one i have done & i think those who get it will hopefully agree, it is unusual and to my knowledge not been done before, at least not in the way i have presented it.
No PM's asking me what it is until the magazine has been sent out in December, (or early January, not sure exactly when)as obviously i will not reply with anything other than an apology and wait and see )

I would very much like to see any feedback on it once you read it on here but more importantly, in the comment pages of the book.

BTW, I have not abandoned the collectors Q & As, i will try and continue these in the following edition,
ANDY, an apology for you as your hadn't made it into the edition it should have done, however, if you are still happy for me to use it i will ensure i is used.

Looking for Home alone trailer and Abba Scope trailer

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

RE: My Best Article to Date, (IMO)

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:34 pm

I guess I won’t get to read it then. I stopped buying from CHC, including the magazine. Still support Reel Image and Norsk Filmsamler
Klubb

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Intriguing Tom and I too, just like Vidar, no longer receive the magazine so once released if anybody does have this article to hand, please pass on the mysterious interesting work from our friend Tom here.

Yes Tom use the information I submitted to you in any manner you wish and at any time you want.
The only thing I'd add to my own input on this Q & A topic, is it was written so long ago now, perhaps some of my own comments may be inapplicable nowadays.
I can't remember exactly what I answered to all of the questions at the time but I feel a sense of the above definitely applies to some of the answers I gave at the time.

Phil did himself no favours whatsoever imo around the time he placed the somewhat unnecessary article surrounding a rival dealer a while back, into his magazine.
I personally felt this wasn't news by the time it went to print and I found the whole thing a little tasteless if I'm honest.

I'd also be extremely interested in reading ALL other collectors comments from the Q & A articles once they've gone to press and the next edition then has been released.

Hopefully Tom can facilitate this here at the appropriate times for all of us keen collectors who no longer subscribe to the magazine for whatever the reasons.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:34 pm | Top

#4 by Tom Photiou , Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:41 pm

well, I dont wish to over hype this,
Cant have anyone saying , "is that it" as that will not be good for anyone,
lets just say, i do hope when people read it, (those who subscribe obviously),they will appreciate it as something that doesn't happen too often, i dont wish to give away what its about before it's seen as there would be no point in putting in the mag.

But for me, personally, it's something i wanted to do, & it's just something a different.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:03 pm

I hope you'll reveal all here Tom once the mag has been sold for a month or two.😊😊

If it's a lottery win and you've gone and bought yourself a purpose built miniature cinema in the grounds of your new mansion, I'm made up for you mate! 😊😊

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:05 pm | Top

#6 by Tom Photiou , Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 pm

only in my dreams there Andy, of course will be happy to share after its release.
its nothing spectacular, just a little thing i wanted to do.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 pm

You're a star Tom, thank you. 😊😊

Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Message to Can Sanalan