A message to Larry

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:37 am

Please can someone pass on to Larry Arpin that the photo of his machine is not that of a T600. They are quite different!

This photo will no doubt, only add further confusion to Terry in his attempts of understanding his machine.

How can you possibly own a machine and not know what model it is when it's written on the front of it?

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:39 am | Top

RE: A message to Larry

#2 by Paul Browning , Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:55 am

I'll pass on the message Andrew, is the 610 that much different, its got the microcomputer on board, is it something to do with the recording side for sync up ?

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:59 am

Thanks Paul.

Off the top of my head I cannot remember ALL of the differences but I will look them up and report back.

All of the much older models like the T500 or T600 were generally not recommended by those in the know as they suffered with a great deal of transformer hum etc etc.
Many didn't have dc motors also as I recall.

It is the T525 and T610 which are the models worth spending time with.

In my opinion, Terry has had his money's worth just from obtaining the superb transport case he got with his machine if it is in clean serviceable condition.
He also now has vital spare parts including an excellent replacement lens, but if I were him with the faults it has, it would be just that,...a spares machine.

I would then be seeking an excellent version of one of the two superb later models I mentioned above.

For either you would need to spend considerably more to gain a decent fully working example.

Don't even bother putting my name against any of these recommendations on film tech Paul.
It will inevitably result in nothing more than your post being removed or edited at best!!!

Remember,.. just like the fans of the invisible man,... We're Not Really Here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svMXCPWuebg

'cept to say, I think you'll find we really are,...lots of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCpbF-J71OE

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:37 pm | Top

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:58 pm

Here is a link to the appearance and specification of a T600.

As said, it is nothing like a T610 as the photo Larry posted indicates.

The T600 uses an asynchronous ac motor and has no electronic speed control or microprocessor to control the actual speed of the machine. It uses a lever at the top of the machine close to the carrying handle to change the speed mechanically by all accounts. (similar to all other ac motor driven machines)

This machine would therefore be as useless as any other asynchronous type when it comes to synchronized recording duties.

The only real similarity is that they both contain two completely separate and independant amplifiers and channels and are therefore both true Stereo capable machines.

http://www.filmkorn.org/super8data/

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:12 pm | Top

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:38 pm

And one other thing in all of this, I was always of the understanding Motherboards belonged in computers. Not cine projectors (silly me!)

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:40 pm | Top

#6 by Maurice Leakey , Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Ernie Wise, .. The Invisible Man's Outside.
Eric Morecame ,... Tell Him I Can't See Him.

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

Last edited 10.24.2017 | Top

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Andrew Woodcock

#8 by Maurice Leakey , Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:44 pm

I tried to edit to improve but wasn't allowed to. Sorry it looked awful.
Why can't I edit if someone has already replied?

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
ThankYou 221

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:45 pm

You should be able to Maurice ???

There does that look better?

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm | Top

#10 by Maurice Leakey , Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Perfect. Thank you.
You have more facilities than us ordinary members.
The readout was, I think, "You are unable to edit once a reply has been received".

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
ThankYou 221

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:36 pm

I was always of the understanding that any member can edit their posts at any given time Maurice, just like you can on all other forums like these, albeit with an advisory that the text has been edited if it took place after a set period of time.

If this isn't the case here for ALL members, then it requires our site providers to change this aspect then.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:37 pm | Top

#12 by Maurice Leakey , Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:50 pm

Perhaps ALL members can give us a reply on their editing.

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
ThankYou 221

#13 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:25 pm

I think only admins can do it anytime, but members can edit for a set period only. You can always drop an admin a not on what you want the post to say and we vacancy edit it, if it should be necessary

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#14 by Paul Browning , Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Motherboard or main board, its the same to me Andrew, I've been using the expression long before desk top computers were widely available like they are now, and use the word to suit this new technology, they are very much one and the same.....

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#15 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:37 pm

but what is a Motherboard in relationship to any projector circuit board Paul?

I wouldn't even know which board is being described.

You have amplifier boards, motor controlling circuit boards and sometimes one or two others, but which of these could be best described as a "Motherboard"?

In this case, the main board is the stereo amplifier board but Terry is missing a different board to this on his machine.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:40 pm | Top

#16 by Paul Browning , Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:31 pm

My last post on the other channel will provide the answer Andrew, " i'm not familiar with this projector..., its looks like a noris sound projector they have a mother board with connects to other smaller boards inside, so does the beaulieu and heurtier, fumeo ....... One larger board in anything is to me a "motherboard" or main board. I was asking Terry if he knew, but it seems not, but the bauer seems to have a common problem with the sound side, one channel not working correctly, or low volume, the fumeo 9119 has the same problem but is a less sophisticated machine by a long way compared to the bauer....

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#17 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:30 pm

On these then, based on your description of a motherboard being the largest of the electronic circuit boards inside any particular machine, it would be the stereo amplifier board that in this case could be characterized as a "Motherboard" Paul.

These are complex machines but no more so overall than a Beaulieu and I don't believe they are "prone" to one side or another of the stereo amplifier circuit failing anymore than any other similar specification machine.

As you say, they're all of an age now, especially if they aren't used regularly.
I really need to use all of mine more than I do now.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:31 pm | Top

#18 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:42 pm

Another 4 lucky goals!

Andrew Woodcock

#19 by Paul Browning , Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:55 pm

Are the stereo amplifiers soldered to the board, or plugged into the board, does it have the pre amp on the board or are they plugged in, anything that is plugged into the "main/ mother board must be the heart of the system no matter what it is, the beaulieu is certainly like this, so is the heurtier top end models. The elmo is slightly different because it has small discrete boards all over the machine, which must be easier to problem solve, I like this idea....

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#20 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:01 am

It uses a Ribbon Cable system Paul, ironically like those found on computers.

The cables to the motor controlling circuit boards (there are two which interconnect) are also linked by ribbon cables but take their supply directly from their own tapping on the transformer not from the "motherboard" which differs somewhat from the Beaulieu design which sends an entire cable harness of quite some proportion through a hole in the main casting and into the wide lower cast base which houses the amplifier section.

The plugs can very easily be accidentally slotted incorrectly by one position. Care has to be taken at all times when re assembling the boards and you really do need to label everything well when dismantling these I've found lol.
There is also another small circuit board close to the digital counter which acts as a microprocessor for controlling the frame accurate start and stop movements on the T610.

The T600 I'd expect to have a much simplified version of this and probably no actual motor controlling circuit boards although having never owned one, I'm merely speculating regarding this detail.

I cannot think of any need or indeed benefit from having such a board fitted anyhow.

All boards on the T610 are protected by their own fuses, that's the good news! 😂

The Elmo GS 1200 is without doubt more modular in its build design both mechanically and electronically seemingly.
As said on countless occasions, Elmo DID get many many aspects of their design spot on, especially on the GS 1200.
For the few let downs, well you know my views on those.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:27 am | Top

#21 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Forget Cocaine Bill P, just watch this Manchester City side. All the natural highs you will ever need in life, and yet again,..another 4 Lucky goals!!

"You sign Phil Jones, we sign Kun Aguero!"
178, not out!!

Before tonight, no English team had ever won in Naples.
Not the case anymore.

Show us your belts now eh Italian brothers!!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wel...B94&FORM=VRDGAR

I very much look forward to it!!

In fact, I cannot wait!!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:54 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Cine Shops of our town's and Our Cities

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor