Cinemasupplies website down

#1 by Eivind Mork , Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:18 am

http://cinemasupplies.co.uk/ har been down for several days now. Anyone knows if it is just a technical hickup, or if they are out of business? I sent an email last week with a question that I haven't got a reply to either.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

RE: Cinemasupplies website down

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:20 am

I don't know Eivind. It's all very strange.

I will try probing a little deeper with this one once I have a little more time.

I have a phone number for them so I will give that method a go tomorrow.
It's all a bit odd though since the shenanigans of recent times.

I know when I last spoken with them, they told me the next batch of FilmGuard would be retailing at around £75 per bottle!
Yikes!!!

It's fast becoming liquid Gold!!

Please don't "like" this situation anyone.

So in future, whenever you are selling you're mint print of DH2 or T2 and someone offers you £100 for it, just tell em " congratulations, you've just bought the FilmGuard I coated this print in!"

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Eivind Mork likes this
Eivind Mork sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:35 am | Top

#3 by Eivind Mork , Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:44 am

Thanks for checking! I also thought about all that has happened lately. I hope it is not related.

I still think it is most likely that they experience server problems. At first the server didn't accept the connection. Now it returns an 200 return code which should normally mean that everything is OK, but the content of the web page is an error message that I find most likely is a database connection issue. If they were closing up, I would not think that a stopped server would be put up again. It was just the combination with my mail that got no reply that got me thinking it was a possibility with something else.

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#4 by Maurice Leakey , Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:23 pm

Here is a link to the Jack Roe Companies website which offers an email contact form.
https://www.jackroe.com/about-us/

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

#5 by Eivind Mork , Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:35 pm

Thank you Maurice! I tried the contact form now. Let's see if I get a reply :-)

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:11 pm

Yes thanks Maurice, but this site doesn't seem to link to the normal web page associated to Jack Roe for their cinema supply line of merchandise.

The website which is currently unavailable (all red background) is usually the one to find products of this nature and the means to order them online.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:32 am | Top

#7 by Clyde Miles , Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:11 am

had stuff of them just recently, they said internet site cost to much. you need to phone them to order items.

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:30 am

Thanks for that Clyde and to be honest, I only ever telephoned them previously anyhow to place an order but at least when they had a website, it was easier to check out the current price before having a heart attack while on the other end of a phone line!

Andrew Woodcock

#9 by Eivind Mork , Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:42 am

Oh, thanks for the update. I wish they had a website, though. Would be much easier for a fellow abroad :-) Getting Filmguard in Europe seems to be a difficult task.

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#10 by Maurice Leakey , Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:50 am

I realise that the link which I provided was not the one which members normally use, but it contained a space to send the company an email.
For those who wish to use the telephone, or write directly, here are the details:-

Jack Roe (CS) Ltd
Enterprise Centre
Alton Road Industrial Estate
Ross-on-Wye
HR9 5NB
(01969 567474)

I believe you can also contact them via Facebook.
No doubt the company are not dealing much with the film side of their business now that cinemas are digital.

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

Last edited 09.07.2017 | Top

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:14 am

Thanks again Maurice.

That address and Telephone number now, are most important for our dealer archive as the original website is now no longer.

I think they still do ok with sales of consumables and the likes and FilmGuard always had a traditional stream of steady sales I believe.
Dealers themselves always obtained their own stocks through Jack Roe when they used to stock it.
Due to price hikes over the recent years, this stopped being the case sadly and now we have only Jack Roe to supply us here for this product.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:19 am | Top

#12 by Eivind Mork , Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 am

The site seems to be up again now! :-)

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#13 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:37 am

I have just spoken with Jonathan from Jackro. The website is being discontinued and he wasn't even fully aware that it was still up and running again.

The prices shown for all of their range of products is now no longer valid sadly and that includes FilmGuard.

The new batch of FilmGuard still hasn't arrived in the UK and just at this time he says he has no idea of when it will, except to say he knows it is in transit.
When it does arrive the £35.88 price tag that is currently placed against it on the website right now, is nothing like reflective of the new price once it arrives, I was reliably informed.

It appears it is taking far longer now to continue replenishing stock inventory of this product here in the UK so if it is a favourite of yours, as indeed it is mine, I would try to purchase a bottle in the coming next few months if I were you.

You just never know when this may be the last imported batch, though to be fair, there is no indication at this stage that this may be it.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:38 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
S8 small collector

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor