When needing info ...

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:47 pm

Just had a bad evening, thanks to a seller. I asked a couple of questions, got slammed for wasting his time. Is it rude to ask about a print? Am I a bothersome buyer? Feel a bit down. It was posted on Facebook and I got insulted when asking. I have Grease on 2x800' and his was on 4x600' so I asked about running time. Wanted to check mine and buy this, if it was longer than mine. He screams it is longer, of course it is. I felt nothing missing in mine last I watched it. Can 1600' be 105 minutes? I was slammed for saying different stocks takes more space. I think Warriors 3x400' fit on 800' or am I remembering wrong?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

RE: When needing info ...

#2 by Paul Browning , Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:29 am

Do you have the Derann feature Vidar ?, I have this i'll check it against mine, don't let this Moron spoil your day mate, not worth dealing with, tell him to shove where the sun don't shine....

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Martin Dew and Del Phillipson
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:44 am

These are both Marketing releases, mine and the sellers. Thanks, I do not like to tell people off like that, but asked him to leave my Facebook page. I posted the conversation we had as he wanted a transcript. I had nothing today hide, but then his post was deleted by hm at once. In my eyes, I feel he might have seen that it did not look too good.

He seem to have roller coaster feelings. I once wanted the buy his 16mm Escape From New York, being new, I simply asked if the pictures were raw and not fixed to n a PC. Big mistake, I guess, no deal

I have since bought 16mm The Black Cauldron which went quite well, even if I asked a couple of questions

Now this faded Grease print, I asked for length and he went ranting

Weird, thought I was fairly easy today deal with, but maybe I am not

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#4 by Eivind Mork , Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21 am

When dealing with people on the Internet, you will sometimes get by people with strange behavior. I think the chances are higher if you are in a hobby with passionate people. I have seen the same among beekeepers. Forget this grumpy guy! If he can't handle a few simple questions, I guess it is better to stay away from him.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 am

If sellers aren't willing to provide answers to some basic and perfectly reasonable questions surrounding any print they may be wishing to sell, let alone an expensive full length feature print, then in my opinion they don't deserve to gain your custom Vidar.

Another will come along if you wait patiently for long enough.

No matter what the title or whatever the perceived value is of the persons goods,
shoddy customer service should not be tolerated by anyone looking to hand over their hard earned for any film.

You have a right to know what to expect well before the item(s) land on your doormat and an honest and candid full assessment, can then, never disappoint anyone.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

David Alligan likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:02 am | Top

#6 by David Alligan , Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:39 am

Hello Vidar

A Derann full length Grease feature will come on 400ft reels NOT 600ft reels, they printed the feature exactly how the 35mm feature was supplied to them and that was 20 min reels, I really do know this for a fact, and it wont be faded and its in scope not flat like the marketing prints were
Please do not let stupid prats like that on facebook upset you as it has been said tell him to go shove it, after all its him that wants to sell it and get the money.

The following members like this: Paul Browning and Del Phillipson
David Alligan  
David Alligan
Date registered 07.11.2016
home: Felixstowe, Suffolk, UK
ThankYou 45

Last edited 08.23.2017 | Top

#7 by Paul Browning , Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:54 am

The derann print of this is a real beauty, and it looks even better in scope....

Del Phillipson likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#8 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks for feedback. My problem is, has been since 15 or 16 years of age, that I put myself down. When these people tell me I am bothersone and a liar, my brain starts the process of making me the culprit. All I did was ask a few questions, now I feel I am an asshole for doing so. I am fairly sure I seen the 3x400' of The Warriors sold or mentioned on an 800' reel, but according to this Italian guy from Rome, it is not possible and I waste his time for wanting to know if his print was longer, which he claims, of course it is. I only said I wanted to check my films length.

Thanks

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:34 pm

My recent experience with an Italian seller from Rome lead me to believe that unless I was prepared to hand over a sizable sum of money for a print I was assured of nothing on, then I wasn't going to be the one who received his print.

My frontal lobe section of my brain luckily, is still very much in tact despite my ever nearing towards complete senility as I reach old age,.. therefore thankfully I made the correct decision not to lose one moment's sleep over the loss of such an opportunity to own this item, in around 0.5 milliseconds!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:43 pm | Top

#10 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:50 pm

According to him, can not be same person as EVERYBODY is happy dealing with him

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:00 pm

There must be two Italian film sellers from Rome then Vidar who have a strikingly similar attitude towards their potential customers.

Wow, who would have thought such a coincidence possible?

A kind of,...

"Gee, I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away"
... moment.

Just like me then Vidar, if all of your frontal lobe functionality proves to be working A1, then I'd expect you to lose a similar amount of sleep over a similar length of time as myself and thank your lucky stars all is still well with our decision making skills.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:47 pm | Top

#12 by David Skillern , Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Personally - unless I know the seller - its only natural to expect a clear full description especially in terms of picture quality, scratches and sound quality and a few pictures clearly showing any possible issues with the print - ive done this with films ive sold and feel its only the right thing to do when dealing with film - anyone not doing this - is a scammer.

David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#13 by Michael Lattavo , Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Don't sweat it Vidar, I'm going through the same thing on a 35mm projector for sale on Ebay - its kind of a vague listing, and when I ask ONE question I get ignored......

If someone can't take the time to answer a question or two, don't bother with that person!

Michael Lattavo
Date registered 10.01.2015
ThankYou 42

#14 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:25 pm

It bothers me a bit that he calls me the bad guy, when I can't see what I did wrong. I would apologies, IF I unintentionally said something wrong.

Thanks for your feedback all

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

Last edited 08.24.2017 | Top

#15 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:09 am

You did nothing wrong Vidar, and your questions were legit. I know who you're talking about and have seen that behavior before. You're much better off not having that person as a member on your FB page.

Douglas Warren

#16 by Tom Photiou , Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:29 am

Vidar. You me me.straight talking.
F*** him and anyone else who doesnt want to answer simple questions. When you buy a car you would want to see it,start it and have a quick test drive. I bought a trailer and paid 30 euros without askin a question(that was my fault not the seller) and it turned out to be about 20 feet of teaser. A waste of my money but it shows that you need to ask questions.
As already said the derann grease came on 7 x 400ft spools and was as paul said only in scooe. Anything flat is not derann. I once bought the flat feature on 2 x 800 but it had a whole 400 part missing. Luckily it was from a dealer who took it back. Dont lose sleep over a f****wit. Call it a lucky escape.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

David Alligan likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#17 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:56 am

I think there were several lengths in the Marketing release though wasn't there Tom?

Even a full length version if memory serves me correctly. Then only the fact that it is flat would be the first and most obvious way of determining what type of print it would be. This may have been the one on sale, started out life as a 6x 400ft release then made into a 4x 600ft edition, maybe. Who knows?

Either way, if it isn't in scope, I would expect some degree of fading now for this title as it will not be a later Derann print on low fade stock.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:13 am | Top

#18 by David Alligan , Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:30 am

Sorry Tom

It was me that originally said it was in scope

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
David Alligan  
David Alligan
ThankYou 45

#19 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:35 am

Dave, do you or Tom, or indeed anyone else, know for certain how many different variants of this Marketing feature were released?

I have a 3x 400ft cut down, but I know a full length version existed or at least I think it did and wasn't there even a 4x 400ft version?

It can all become a bit confusing for releases like these without the facts, a bit like the Robin Hood saga this one until it all gets cleared up finally.

I purchased a feature recently that but for the fabulous quick wit and intervention of a fellow collector spotting the advertised spooling, I would have received incomplete.

This delayed proceedings by a considerable amount of time but thankfully it has now arrived with me, fully complete and with 4x 600ft reels in a feature box and the final part in a separate individual 1x 600ft box to make up part 5 of this film.

But for other than this timely intervention, I would have been returning this print as it would have arrived with me without its concluding reel.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:50 am | Top

#20 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:04 pm

From my memory of the Marketing catalogue, it was 400', 3x400' and full length, none scope. But dementia is creeping in, so might be wrong

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#21 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:15 pm

I am certain there is a longer cut down of this though Vidar although as you say, with our ever aging memories now of these things, I may be wrong.

Hopefully someone will confirm this either way from one of their catalogues from back in the day.

One thing we can conclude from all of this, is that for anything on 600ft spools that isn't the Derann Scope print, then it has most certainly been re spooled whatever length of print it began life as.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:19 pm | Top

#22 by David Alligan , Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Hello Andrew

Marketing Films released a 3 x 400ft 1 x 400ft & 1 x 200ft of Grease and in their 1980/81 catalogue their is a full feature but again this would have been flat NOT scope but their was no 4 x 400ft

David Alligan  
David Alligan
ThankYou 45

#23 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Thanks Dave for confirming that. how many 400ft reels was the full feature release on Dave, because I have on numerous occasions seen people advertise this print for sale as 4x 400ft print and I doubt that would be the full feature would it?

Maybe the 4x 400ft ones I have seen included separate bits and bobs from the 1x 200ft and 1x 400ft releases, all spliced together, a bit like the abridged S.O.M can be anything from 2x 800ft or 3x 600ft as originally spooled by Derann, right up to my own 2x 1200ft version with all the extra 200ft bits and pieces added into it.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:25 pm | Top

#24 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Mine is on 2x800' fairly full, I need to time it, but it looked complete when I last saw it, then again, I hadn't seen it since cinema release

I also believe it can be 6x400' on two 800's as my The Warriors 3x400' is on an 800' reel too

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#25 by Maurice Leakey , Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:49 pm

The full feature of GREASE from Marketing Film is quoted as number 4002 with a running time of 110 minutes. (Viz 1980/81 catalogue page 9.)
Rather surprisingly, the 200ft edited version, number 2402 is not mentioned.

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
BFCC Lite - 24 September 2017

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor