People in our hobby

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:14 pm

I've just been writing to Stuart Reid a moment or two ago and what a lovely guy he really is!
I am always flabbergasted by the heart warming generosity of quite a few folks I have dealt with in this hobby and believe me people like Stuart and Kevin are among some of the nicest warmest people you'd ever come across in life.

It is the forums that have allowed all of us left in the hobby to make friends with one another and what a fantastic job they do when you have dealings with people like these guys on the forums.
I'd like to just say a big big thank you to both the forums as well as the many great people we have had the privilege to speak and deal with as a result.
Where would we be without them all at this late stage of the game?

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Mats Abelli, Eivind Mork and David Alligan
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:22 pm | Top

RE: People in our hobby

#2 by Tim Duncan ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:03 am

It's amazing to me how generous other collectors have been to myself since being involved in this hobby. And the forums have been the means by which I have met these gentlemen, who have become my good friends. :-)

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Vidar Olavesen and David Alligan
Tim Duncan

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:03 am

I have witnessed myself that Doug here, has been particularly generous towards your good self Tim from what we see here.
As we say, there are some incredible individuals that we are lucky enough to meet as a result of this hobby, and often just because of the forums also. It's all good.

I try to do a "good turn" to those I can help in any way, it doesn't always work out the way we want it to, but you have to try if we can. After all, we are only a very small community now in this era.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Vidar Olavesen
Andrew Woodcock

#4 by Stuart Reid , Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:41 am

Andrew, I'm blushing! Seriously though, one life lesson it's taken me a long time to learn is that it's simply easier to be good, considerate and kind. In the bad old days when I was in the grip of mental health and addiction issues I would have fleeced everybody I came across for an extra couple of quid. It was shameful behaviour which achieved nothing but to make me miserable and lonely. Nowadays, thanks to some great support from my partner and a number of self-help programs I'm a much calmer, happier, settled person. And I feel I can easily pass those feelings along by just being as good a man as I can be!

It also helps that this small and totally bonkers community are committed to keeping this hobby alive, and to achieve that we've all got to get along, or at the very least try not to deliberately pee people off!

Enjoy your print, Andrew. I'm delighted it's gone to someone who will cherish it.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Mats Abelli

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:49 am

Got a telephone number for it Stuart?

The print will be lovingly cherished and viewed frequently Stuart. You can rest assured on that one my friend.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:03 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
A Lovely Easter Message From Hugh.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor