TS 2

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:17 am

Anybody been to see Trainspotting 2 yet?

I've heard it's every bit as good as the first one, but I will let you know tomorrow evening!

Danny Boyle did a fantastic job of the first and the soundtrack is heaven personified, just hope this one doesn't disappoint and that "Begbie" is every bit the same in this one! Genius work Mr Carlyle.

1. "Lust for Life" (Iggy Pop, David Bowie) Iggy Pop 5:15
2. "Deep Blue Day" (Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois, Roger Eno) Brian Eno 3:58
3. "Trainspotting" (Bobby Gillespie, Andrew Innes, Robert Young, Martin Duffy) Primal Scream 10:36
4. "Atomic" Sleeper 5:11
5. "Temptation" (1987 version) New Order 6:59
6. "Nightclubbing" Iggy Pop 4:15
7. "Sing" Blur 6:03
8. "Perfect Day" Lou Reed 3:46
9. "Mile End" Pulp 4:33
10. "For What You Dream Of" (Full-on Renaissance Mix) Bedrock (feat. KYO) 6:30
11. "2:1" Elastica 2:35
12. "A Final Hit" Leftfield 3:17
13. "Born Slippy (NUXX)" Underworld 9:46
14. "Closet Romantic" Damon Albarn

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:22 am | Top

RE: TS 2

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:09 am

I will take it as "No" then?

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:37 am | Top

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:55 am

Concluded then...zero interest.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:35 am | Top

#4 by Eivind Mork , Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:43 am

Nope, haven't seen it :-)

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 404

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:05 am

Only saw them on Graham Norton show talking about it. Loved the first, but do not go to the so-called cinema anymore. Considering Alien Covenant, but perhaps I wait for the evil disc

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#6 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:04 pm

No not seen it, saw the first one when it came out but must be my age now as I doubt I'll bother with the new one, my son went to see TS2 but hadn't seen the first so didn't seem that impressed, I did say you have to see the first to understand it, Mark

Mark Mander

#7 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Yes Andrew I have seen it,and I thought it was very good.Lot of bad language,but a great follow on from the original.i do think you need to see both to understand the humour of the films.Great music too.

Oh and I saw Lego Batman in the IMAX Leicster Square and that's also very good.Good clean grown up fun for all the family.😃📽

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 270

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Thanks guys for the welcomed responses. I just returned from seeing it and while I agree, you do have to see the first to fully understand the whole context of the film, I think it's a great follow up nonetheless.

Without spoiling it for anyone who intends watching this at the cinema or at home on Blu Ray perhaps, it subtly made reference and tribute to Bowie, Queen, George Michael and Wham, John Barry and quite a few others who sadly no longer grace us all with their presence.

There's the usual crude hard as nails performance from Bigbie, some great humour, some stomach churning sights and a fair few twists in the continuing exploits of the foursome.

The choose life scene this time around is particularly poignant and spuds character really comes into its own this time around.

Decent music...as always, great visual effects and another sterling performance by the ever young Ewan McGregor. Less about drugs, more about revenge this time, but every bit as enjoyable and fascinating as the first.

Highly recommended to all who ever found the first fascinating.

The picture itself was perfect as was the sound presentation. A very nice early evening all around out with the family.

There, maybe that will please those who feel I never leave my pc! 😂😂😂

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:01 am | Top

#9 by Stuart Reid , Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Andrew, we went to see T2 a couple of nights back and thought it tremendous. We watched the original again the night before we went so it was fresh in our minds. For me, being close in age to the protagonists gave the film extra poignancy, as we're all now certainly in middle-age. I'm glad Spud had a lot of screen time and that the story played out through him very well. My only mild criticism was the denoument in the pub at the end, I think it tipped over into Hollywood shenanigans instead of staying this side of (just about) believable. Sterling performances all round, fabulously shot and great music. No it won't be everybody's cup of tea but for people like us Andrew, a palpable hit!

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:33 pm

Brilliant summary there Stuart. Yes the Pub scene was a little ridiculous, but then the films characters make any scene either amusing or gut wrenching at times.

I too enjoyed the extra screen time handed out to Spud and he is one of those guys who we feel we have all known a character like them at one time or another.

I watched the first again with my wife on the screen here about two days earlier, just to remind ourselves of all the shenanigans and storylines. It definitely added to the enjoyment when watching the sequel so soon after.

For a sequel 20yrs later, the rebels had to have grown up a little to still even all be alive. To this end, I felt the storylines were spot on and I doubt they could have done much more to improve it in any way.

I enjoyed it a lot, my wife loved it!
I'm pleased you and yours also enjoyed it immensely Stuart.

Andrew Woodcock

#11 by Tom Photiou , Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Well, please educate me here chaps. I may have the completely wrong end of the stick here but this is where i stand on this, do not take it the wrong way, i may be completely wrong on this,

I watched the first half hour of the original when it came out, one of the things wrong with this world is F****** drug taking scum of the earth,and scummy assholes who seem to get everything for free as far as i can see theses films are about exactly that. While i know it's well written etc etc i just cannot bring myself to see another depressing English made film about people at the bottom of the pile doing drugs with every other work is an F or a C.
I may be missing the ideal or even the plot but as i understand it thats it. Nothing like making drug taking a trendy thing to follow in films.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

Last edited 02.19.2017 | Top

#12 by Stuart Reid , Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:29 pm

No offence taken, Tom. What I think Trainspotting cued up brilliantly in one scene was the character Begbie, a real hard man, who says (and here I have to paraphrase), "Yae widnae catch me doing any o' that junkie shite - am no smackheed" as he swigs down a pint of beer with a whisky chaser, and takes a deep long draw on a cigarette. It's a brilliantly ironic moment showing that many, many people have an addiction to something: drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, sex, shopping, gambling; Also it's important to remember that the original book on which the film is based came out 25/30 years ago and accurately portrayed a Scotland that had been decimated by the policies of the government of the day, and also accurately portrayed those who truly felt that there was nothing there for them, no jobs, no way out of the hideousness of their existence, so they turn to anything in order to blot out the hours. They're all human beings, they just feel deeply disempowered, so they they remove as much of their own existence through drugs of various sorts as they are able.

And as Mark said, it's got a freaking brilliant soundtrack.

Tom Photiou likes this

Stuart Reid
ThankYou 37

#13 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Drugs, alcohol, Sex, Gambling, Smoking, shopping or even just Film!! 😂😂

Or maybe all of these vices!😂😂😂

It's worth watching just to see Ewan McGregor rant at length in the "choose life" scene. It is absolutely spot on!!

I love all of these type of British movies, Working Title and the likes.

The following members like this: Stuart Reid and Tom Photiou
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:12 pm | Top

#14 by Tyler Hatwell , Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:52 pm

I'm surprised there's a tribute to George Michael as he only died at Christmas. I thought most films were "in the can" for months and months until their release.

Tyler Hatwell  
Tyler Hatwell
Date registered 06.04.2016
home: East London
ThankYou 11

#15 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:39 pm

It might not have been included to serve as a fitting tribute, just as the Freddie Mercury one may not have been a deliberate ploy with the Queen tune belting out in the club, but I know the Bowie flick through the vinyl section, was deliberate and even if the others weren't, they served well to act as one. Just like the reference to John Barry did likewise, among others.

Irrespective of Trainspotting or even here, ITV's Brit Awards did him proud just now.

Different Corner...Different Class! God Bless you George.

Stuart Reid likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:50 pm | Top

#16 by Stuart Reid , Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Had a tear in my eye watching that, then when Chris sodding Martin started 'singing' I had a different type of tear :D

Stuart Reid
ThankYou 37

#17 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:15 pm

George did it proud once Chris left it alone for a second thankfully Stuart.

We talk about prints being "stunning" regularly here and elsewhere, and they are!

But music has its equivalents where tonal quality, clever and poignantly written lyrics and just sensational music is concerned, and though of course, just like film, tastes differ wildly from one source to another ( that's what makes the world go around after all), this immaculate man's performances at times were equally as "stunning" in a cleverly delivered and totally connecting musical manner,..by my reckoning at least.

The power of Film and the power of music to enrich our inner souls. Long may it live.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=a+d...15318&FORM=VIRE

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:58 am | Top

#18 by Stuart Reid , Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:20 pm

Ashamed to say I didn't really take a great deal of GM when he was alive. I scoffed at him, preferring the heavier, rockier aspect of indie/alternative rock. However since his tragic death I've listened to a lot of his work, and have to bow my head in deep respect. As a singer and a songwriter he really did walk amongst the very greatest. Again, another tortured soul whose only solace was in the work he gave the world. An all too familiar and sad story.

Stuart Reid
ThankYou 37

#19 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:43 am

Once you and your partner have had children in your lives, your perspective on many many aspects of life as we know it, changes drastically Stuart.

All of sudden, much of the softer side of life, makes perfect sense and we see the world through very different eyes.

Even "Begbie" lol

Stuart Reid likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:54 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Inactive users - please read!

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor