John Hurt dies at 77

#1 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:50 am

Another sad day, one of my favourite actors has died, John Hurt was 77, but for the past 2 years has been battling Pancreatic Cancer (my brother died of this, I know what he went through!).

Although his break through role was in "Alien", I thought his best performance was under layers of make up as he portrayed "John Merrick" - "The Elephant Man", not many actors could have given such a performance, and he had to contort his body as well to get the right look for "Merrick", boy what an actor he was!

R.I.P. John.

Barry Attwood

RE: John Hurt dies at 77

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:40 am

Oh, no. He was such a great actor and played some really memorable parts. Awesome in Alien and The Elephant Man

R.I.P. legend

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by David Alligan , Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:46 am

I will always John Hurt as Bob Champion in the film Champions I had this on 8mm and was one of my all time favourites.

David Alligan  
David Alligan
Date registered 07.11.2016
home: Felixstowe, Suffolk, UK
ThankYou 45

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Yet another dollop of very sad news this morning.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#5 by David Skillern , Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:45 pm

i saw him on stage in the 1980's at the Bristol Old Vic in "The Seagull" he was incredibly watchable with an effortless stage presence - im lucky to have Alien full length on Super 8 - so i can put that on as a tribute.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Martin Dew
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#6 by Martin Dew , Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Amazing actor. I first saw him in 10 Rillington Place and ever since I've thought he was one of the very finest film actors of all time.

I was introduced to him by the 2nd assistant director on the set of Indy IV in 2007 in Studio City, and had an intriguing conversation with him. I'd always wanted to meet him, and he was not only gracious in answering my questions, but we had a good laugh too. I also sat just behind him as a supporting artist in the wedding scene at the end of the film. There aren't many actors I've craved a one-on-one with, but he was certainly at the top of the list, and I consider myself very lucky.

A great loss.

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:05 pm

Lovely story there Martin thank you.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Debbie reynolds