RE: What Do You Think?

#26 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:48 pm

Blimy Dell, the plot thickens with this guy, your right about the idiots who inherit, you know these, there the ones that say, no projector to test on but appears to be in excellent shape. How the hell can you possibly say that if its untested. I usually start my listing in capitol letters telling the possible buyer to PLEASE READ IN FULL SO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE BIDDING FOR. you may have seen this, that way if i say there is a fault and list the fault and the buyer tried to come back at me i simply refer them to this. It has only happened once and it wasn't a cine film, it was a toy car, i stated that the box had some warping due to age etc, and guess what, i got an email stating that he wasn't happy at the condition of the box, i refereed him to the listing and also the photos, i also said if he wasn't happy i would refund excluding the postage even though my listings state no refund, suffice to say i didn't hear back.
In Dells case it's the opposite, the guy has listed something with an over acceptable amount splices with a description of excellent and is now in total denial.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#27 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:43 pm

The Conclusion....

A Picture paints a thousand words!

Any I ever sell, no doubt there will be 500 plus screenshots to back them up on ebay from a link to here!
Simples

Even video footage is easy to obtain now from a small inexpensive camera or phone if the buyer needs even more evidence!
That way any questions relating to the soundtrack are covered also.

Eliminates the word "subjective" almost totally now if that's how a seller chooses to go about his or her business.

Of course this doesn't get around those with a wardrobe full of films but apparently not one solitary projector to view them on before offering them for sale at the known bargain price of £500 per shot!!!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:50 pm | Top

#28 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:04 pm

I've seen the ones, they are popping up more than ever now, I automatically now ignore them, they are absolutely clueless about what they are selling but just see what they are fetching and are seduced by the price. Honesty is the bee all these days, but when they are clueless???????? plus and I hate to say this, the really mint top quality prints are all but impossible to get it seems unless you want to pay £4/500 and as much as I love super 8, I have my limits and a very good Sony Bravia PJ.

Tom Photiou likes this
Del Phillipson

#29 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:18 pm

I'd agree Del there especially with the latter part of your post. It appears more and more are now turned completely off by the prices of the very best remaining prints out there for both print quality and condition.

As ever, it's not a hobby for the "bargain" conscious for the most part.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:19 pm | Top

#30 by Mark Mander ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:05 pm

I don't know what your complaining about Del, the seller's explained that's how Derann sent it out! YEAH RIGHT!!! What a load of wotsit, why did he still not mention the splices? Well we all know why. I thought ebay would just sort this out and get you refunded, hope so soon, Mark

Tom Photiou likes this
Mark Mander

#31 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:53 pm

it's a timely process mark, you have to sit and wait, the clock is ticking though.

Del Phillipson

#32 by Gwyn Morgan , Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:03 pm

In the light of Tom's recent post regarding eBay thought I would bring this item back anyone any more thoughts?

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
New Magazine, still no Q & As

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor