RE: Wish They Were...

#26 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:49 am

All superb choices selected there Del.

Bruce Lee films in particular, would have sold really really well I think if Derann had managed to release any.

I wouldn't have been interested in any, but I know plenty of collectors who would have loved them on film.

Home Alone would have attracted at least 3 buyers ha ha.
Tom, yourself Del and myself at the very very least!😊😊😊

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:49 am | Top

#27 by David Watson , Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 pm

just read your post re: Bruce lee films..... Enter the Dragon was released as a 8 reel feature by Columbia, The Big Boss, Fists of fury, The Way of the Dragon and Game of Death were released again as 8 reel features in letter boxed format by UFA. In Germany. with of course German dialogue. I have them all they all still have good colour.

David Watson  
David Watson
Date registered 11.28.2015

#28 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:02 pm

wow David, that's a heck of a collection, I'm presuming you have re recorded the dubbed ones.

Del Phillipson

#29 by David Watson , Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Hello Del, to be honest I have't dubbed the UFA releases into english, still there are mostly action so are easy to follow.

David Watson  
David Watson

#30 by Paul Browning , Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:31 pm

I have "Enter The Dragon " on warner brothers 4 x 400ft in the clam shell box's, bought from Derann second hand from Derek himself one Friday afternoon. Colour still good, as
said would have been a very good seller on low fade through Derann. I was at the right place at the right time, I think I paid £70.00 for it, I had the 400 footer which was a very good cut down, as a life long fan of Bruce Lee it was a no brainer.

David Skillern sais Thank You!
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#31 by David Skillern , Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:43 am

I've got a copy of Enter the Dragon 4x400ft and its great - the only niggle I have is the repeat of shortened credits on reels 2,3 and 4 which could have included more actual film footage - including longer end credits - which are very short indeed.

David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#32 by Panayotis Carayannis , Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:17 pm

From the titles "wished" only SEE NO EVIL exists complete in super 8 .(I have a copy)!

Panayotis Carayannis  
Panayotis Carayannis
Date registered 12.05.2015
ThankYou 48

#33 by David Watson , Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Hello Paul Browning and David Skillern,
I first bought the feature print of Enter the Dragon in 1980 from Jeff films in America, Ihad to wait a long time for it to arrive from them. When it arrived I discovered that each of the four parts were self contained films and had some repeated scenes in the different reels and not consecutive reels making a feature length film. I discovered this was how the first batch of this film was issued by the distributers
Columbia (who had a tie in with Warner Bros for 8mm releases). I understand that they had an awful lot of complaints about this release which is not surprising, so Columbia had to reissue Enter the Dragon
properly edited as a proper feature film..

David Watson  
David Watson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The return of Ektachrome!

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor