Adjustable Anamorphic Lens Mount/Stand

#1 by Martin Dew , Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Does anyone have an adjustable anamorphic lens mount/stand for sale? I need one to use my Kowa 2x on my Super 8 projectors specifically. (The Kowa is already built as a bayonet fitting for all my 16mm B&H lenses, so no worries there.)

Or...better still, does anyone have a method for building one at home? I was wondering if anyone has used components from, say, a chemistry lab stand with an adjustable rubber claw bracket, for example? I've attached a pic of the sort of thing I'm talking about. I don't have a machine shed in the back garden, so I'm really looking for off-the-shelf ideas. I'm sure you resourceful chaps on the forum will have devised crafty solutions, so any ideas gratefully received!

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

RE: Adjustable Anamorphic Lens Mount/Stand

#2 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Hi Martin, I've sent you a PM, Del.

Eivind Mork likes this
Martin Dew sais Thank You!
Del Phillipson

#3 by Martin Dew , Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:35 pm

Mine is a wide lens too unfortunately, Del. It's an 8-Z. I sent you a PM.

I think I might experiment with chemistry set hardware. There's got to be a way to do this...

Many thanks!

Martin Dew
ThankYou 94

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:49 pm

I can give you one or two ideas Martin to accommodate a 52mm lens, but all are really Heath Robinson in reality, compared to the machined purpose built scope brackets and rings that are on offer for all sizes from FFR and the likes.

As you say, a simple retort stand, found in nigh on all Chemistry labs can be adapted for such use.

Things like Jubilee Clips, pipe fittings like Munsen Rings, upvc plumbing fittings etc etc etc, I have seen all utilized to do a "make shift" job but for the best solutions for the 8-Z, Edwin Van Eck offers a universal tripod stand and adjustable fitted ring and FFR Filmtechnik manufacture a range of professionally manufactured scope rings and brackets that fit straight onto the various "better" Super 8mm projectors out there.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:13 pm | Top

#5 by Martin Dew , Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:46 pm

Thanks, Andrew. I'd already seen the Van-Eck option, but thanks for the FFR lead as well (which I prefer). I'd still rather go the universal mount route until I've settled on choosing a good high-end Super 8 projector. Both the manufactured stands are quite pricey, so I'll keep looking at other options.

Martin Dew
ThankYou 94

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:29 am

Maybe a mini tripod might be on the lines of cheap route to gain a "universal" stand Martin.

I picked up a mini tripod on e bay for £5 and was a decent branded "Slik compact tripod".

I use it now to gather all of my screen shots with no hassle in doing so unlike before.

Yes you would still need to knock up lens holder for it, but at least you would have the standard threaded screw to clamp to whatever bracket and ring you made up and it can be got for very little outlay as I seen myself when I needed a small and compact tripod for other duties. 😊

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Martin Dew likes this
Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Quiz at Independent 8

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor