Artwork for

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi all,
Trying to get a copy (if poss) of the full size artwork cover for Capricorn one and Who dares wins please.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Artwork for

#2 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Can't help you there mate, would be glad to if I could.

Del Phillipson

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:10 pm

Me neither, only have a 400' with NON original box for Capricorn One

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:55 pm

I think I may have Capricorn One Tom / Vidar. I will take a look tomorrow night when I'm off.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:56 pm | Top

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:54 pm

Both of these were on ebay right now but I am sure I also have the cover art for Capricorn One myself somewhere in a folder Tom if you don't think these are useful.
I have blown them up to 600ft size and they look great to me though.

Just click on either and you will get the idea of how they will look once printed on Photo glossy paper.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:55 pm | Top

#6 by Tom Photiou , Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:51 pm

Cheers Andy, & here they sprused up a little. Will do some more work on these and get them printed off and stuck on.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Very nice Tom.

I doubt the one I could find in my folders would have been any better than the ones from e bay Tom. They were only what I've found online and I don't think the resolution was any better.

Tom Photiou likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:56 pm | Top

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:49 am

For those collectors out there that tend to do a lot of coloured art printing for projects like the above that Tom is carrying out for example, may I thoroughly recommend The Ink Squid in Blackpool as a highly useful and economic alternative to our replacement printer cartridges.

As we all know, genuine OM replacement inks can and do get very expensive indeed when you are printing in large quantities or on A3 or A4 sheets to any photographic standard.

I gave up using genuine individual Epson ink replacement cartridges some time ago simply because it was far too expensive for the work I was carrying out on a mini industrial scale.

I tried several other "copied" inks for my printer, but was often having issues one way or another.
Common issues associated with using non genuine replacement include...
1/ inks not true to the colour you are attempting to print.
2/ constantly having to purge all 4 or 6 colours due to poor manufacturing standards of the cartridges themselves or the quality of the ink used.
3/ No electronic link from the cartridge itself to the printer due to unrecognizable chip In the cartridges. This results in the printer not knowing or being able to display your individual ink levels.

Since I've first begun using The Ink Squid as my sole supplier, I have managed to gain the same levels of performance and reliability as you would expect to see by using OM cartridges.
The colours are true to the original, no purging over and beyond the norm is ever required and no issues at all with the chips so long as you follow the enclosed instruction leaflet to the letter of the law.

More importantly, they cost very little to replace. All cartridges tend to be the larger 18ml XL size, so this means you are not constantly having to change out one cartridge to another as is often the case when using standard sized cartridges.

Highly recommended as a cheap and effective quality solution!
As well as the WWW, this supplier can also be found on ebay UK.

Tom Photiou likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:26 pm | Top

#9 by Tom Photiou , Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Thanks Andy, & as a back up, like Andy i gave up on genuine rip off cartridges many years ago for our Epson DX7450. If i buy Epson they will cost me over £40/50 for the four, instead we use refresh cartridges based in Torbay, i can get all four for our printer for just £8.97. Yep, thats under a tenner for all four, or individuals ones are 2.97.
I have use these now ,(after trying various other ones), for around 5 years without any problems. Now with Andrews company as another source you can all see how easy it is to save a small fortune.
Many more boxes to come,

How the manufacturers of printers rip us all off.

http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:46 pm

I wish it was my company Tom!

But I got what you meant pal. Ha ha.

Tom Photiou likes this