Space and Storage Issues :-(

#1 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:02 pm

Anyone else here having issues with proper storage and adequate space for your collections? Even with my small collection, I am having to be a bit more selective these days with my purchases for lack of space. But I suppose that I could buy some sort of storage cabinet for further expanding. :-)

Timothy Duncan

RE: Space and Storage Issues :-(

#2 by Eivind Mork , Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:03 pm

I am a bit worried that my new 16mm films now stored on the sofa at the cabin won't fit under the bed with the rest of the films. Then I will have a problem as my wife probably won't have them in the sofa for a very long time :-(

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#3 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:09 pm

That's a tough one Eivind. :-/ We could always say that we won't buy any more films, but I have repeatedly been unsuccessful with carrying that out. :-) There is always going to be some title to come along that we feel like we MUST have for our collections!

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and David Ollerearnshaw
Timothy Duncan
Last edited Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:15 pm | Top

#4 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Tim and Eivind: I can relate (especially in regards to 16 mm) as those large reels take up a lot of room. My wife gave me a small used desk that has worked out well for storing my 16 mm films on. Since I tend to store them in large white boxes, they stack easily.

Eivind Mork likes this
Douglas Warren

#5 by Eivind Mork , Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:22 pm

I am afraid at some point I will end up like several members of the Norwegian collector's club. They have an external storage unit. There are some films I could part with, but most films I could never part with. And I could say I will stop buying any more films. I have actually slowed down, but to stop completely? I know I couldn't. Maybe I can make secret storage space inside sofa pillows etc...

Ian White likes this

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#6 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:33 pm

LOL Eivind! :-)

I don't have it as rough as you guys have trying to make room for those 16mm reels! If you're like me, you try to store them where they don't collect dirt and dust, as well as remain in a cool/dark spot of the house.

Timothy Duncan

#7 by Eivind Mork , Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:50 pm

Got to think about something: I could elevate the bed! :-)

Ian White likes this

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#8 by Mats Abelli , Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:49 pm

I have the same problem. I have shelves in my home cinema, but there are still hundreds of films in large boxes, to organise

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Ian White, David Ollerearnshaw and Thijs de Kort

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#9 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:15 pm

I really like the way you have it all organized Matt's! It's neat as a pin! Thank you for the inspiring photos. :-)

Eivind, elevating the bed is a great idea. Maybe your wife will not mind too much climbing a ladder to get to the top. :-)

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Eivind Mork, Ian White and David Ollerearnshaw
Timothy Duncan

#10 by David Ollerearnshaw , Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:12 pm

Just cheered up. Wife left last year can use the space for more films! I love film, although I have a couple that seem to be blushing now. Its those 6000ft 16mm reels that take room up.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

Mats Abelli likes this

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:30 pm

Nice & Tidy Mats, very nice indeed!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Mats Abelli sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock