Back from Denmark

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:33 pm

After a week in lovely Denmark, I come home with some 30+ films, some which I am axious to see the quality on. Particularly looking forward to The Towering Inferno in scope, 16mm. Lots of Laurel & Hardy's and a few Westerns, both Super 8 and 16mm.

Visiting some great people in Denmark, was shown their cinemas and wow, some of them were impressive. I will ask later if I am allowed to post pictures of the biggest one. It was high ceiling, good seating and spacious with a great setup overall.

Sort some films today and tomorrow, hope to watch The Towering Inferno and post pictures (hope they're not too red)

Thanks to all for keeping the forum busy during the week. Checked in a few times, but internet was limited, so not as much as I wanted

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Mats Abelli

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

RE: Back from Denmark

#2 by Eivind Mork , Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:09 pm

Sounds great! Getting back from holliday with many films sounds fantastic :-) I haven't been able to pull that off yet. But who knows. We are talking about going to London next year. Maybe I can leave my wife and son behind a few hours and get to Humit & son :-)

Love to hear more about your trip when we meet again.

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:01 pm

I too would love to see Umits store ... If only the back allowed it

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#4 by Mats Abelli , Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:17 pm

If you survived a car/ferry trip to Denmark, I guess a 2 hour flight to London will not be that harmful. You just have to bring someone to carry all the films you will buy.

Eivind Mork likes this

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:45 pm

A lot more walking needed in London I am afraid. Car all the way in Denmark. I visited a castle, I saw my limitation there. Had to drop the tour and return to car while the others went on. Umit probably hanging on to the prints (I heard that anyway)

Mats Abelli likes this

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#6 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:19 am

So glad that you're back with us Vidar! You were presence was missed here!

Timothy Duncan

#7 by Tyler Hatwell , Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:27 am

If any of you do make the London trip then let me know. I am a quite short ride from umit's place so am happy to accommodate as much as I can

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Vidar Olavesen and Eivind Mork
Eivind Mork sais Thank You!
Tyler Hatwell  
Tyler Hatwell
Date registered 06.04.2016
home: East London
ThankYou 11

#8 by Dave Guest , Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:33 am

vidar if you and your friends decide to come to blackpool I will send a taxi for you all to pick you up at the railway station so no walikg and a taxi back with all your films

Eivind Mork likes this
Mats Abelli and Vidar Olavesen say Thank You!

Dave Guest
Date registered 09.28.2015
home: lancashire
ThankYou 69

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:35 am

Top man David!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:49 am

If I happen to be off work, Id like to go to the BFCC London gig this year to hopefully see Stuart, Bill & Ian (Fingers crossed).
I could meet you near Euston Tyler if it comes off.
Only a cock stride from Umit's place!

Trouble is, in my line of work, I'd only have a definitive answer a few days maximum before i'd know for sure. It all depends how things are running there at the time.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:52 am | Top

#11 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:40 am

Welcome back Vidar and glad to hear that you had a good time there!

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Douglas Warren

#12 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:32 am

Thank you :-) And that is a very generous offer, David. I will consider this and if my wife get the visa done in time, we might take you up on that :-) But I'd like to pay for it myself though :-)

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#13 by Mats Abelli , Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:42 am

I plan to visit Blackpool. The only problem is airline ticket prices. That weekend Manchester U will meet Arsenal i Manchester.

Andrew! Don´t you have something called vacation in the UK? As I work I Norway, I have five weeks + one senior week a year. Five weeks is a minimum in Norway and Sweden

Mats Abelli
ThankYou 112

Last edited 08.09.2016 | Top

#14 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:30 am

I get one, two week break a year on the draconian annualized hours system of working now in this "modern" era of manufacturing.

I have to pay back these 4 shifts off to generate a two week holiday

This method of working for shift system employment here in GB, appears to be used universally now with some slight differences here or there.

Basically the pattern gives you rest days and your holiday entitlement already built into your shift pattern. Trouble is, the rest days and holidays are when they happen to fall, not necessarily when you'd like a holiday!

My rest days/ holidays add up to 5 weeks. At any age, there are no senior add on weeks with my company, just an additional 8hrs after certain time periods throughout your tenure with the company. The maximum extra hours allowance after 25 years service, is an extra 32 hours. So in all it is possible to generate a maximum of almost 6 weeks holiday per year, albeit in accordance to a set rigid shift pattern.

Still I'm employed, and consider myself very fortunate for that throughout my adult lifespan thus far. Many are not so fortunate sadly.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:08 pm | Top

#15 by Mats Abelli , Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:22 pm

I guess I´m very lucky to live in Scandinavia. I work nightshift every second week (65 hours), so I´m off duty every second week too. If I have vacation on a workweek, I am 21 days off duty.. When I was 52 my employer closed down the business in our area. I couldn´t find a job for two years. Then I found an add for working at the Olso airport in the security. I´ve been working there since then and I guess that I will stay there until retirement. It´s far away from home, but I like my job as manning coordinator and have found new friends i the Norweigian film collectors club.

Mats Abelli
ThankYou 112

Last edited 08.09.2016 | Top

#16 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:43 pm

I have total and utter respect for people securing our busy Airports Mats.
These jobs must currently be harder than ever before given the state of our global affairs at this time.

Keep us all safe please Mats, your job is among the most responsible I can possibly think of in this day and age. Total respect for you my friend!

Stuart Reid likes this
Mats Abelli sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:53 pm | Top

#17 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:27 pm

Mats, don't worry too much about the football match as most of the United fans will be travelling up from London with the Arsenal fans, Manchester will be quiet early doors

Del Phillipson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
CHC Summer sale weekend

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor