SCREENSHOTS.

#1 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:32 pm

I really like most of the screenshots on this Forum. Thanks for sharing them and giving up your time.
Many of them are very good in terms of focus and colour .
They can be a good indicator as to the overall print quality.
However there is one small caveat emptor for me.
I cant see how steady the print is on the vertical and horizontal planes during projection.
I suppose in an ideal situation it would be great to have in place some kind of You Tube
High Definition system on the forum so we could see the print in action .
Now that would be great.

David Hardy

RE: SCREENSHOTS.

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:46 pm

I am now posting short video sections for each of my reviews David on Vimeo. This gives people an idea of such factors as horizontal and vertical movement, none of which can be captured merely by still screenshots no matter how clear they may be.

Another short 5 minute video clip coming up this evening hopefully, from my latest acquisition, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

I did the same for the end of the review of "The Fox & The Hound" if you saw it?

The only problem with this is it captures some projector shutter flicker if the film is projected at true speed as a digital camera shutter requires a 2 bladed projection speed of 25fps to eliminate it on video capture.

24fps projection even with a two bladed shutter does of course look flawless for flicker to the naked eye aside from fast panning scenes which occasionally give a strobing jerky effect even when viewed at a professional cinema when projected conventionally.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:50 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Stuart Bowling

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor