Elmo 1200HD F1:1 Lens mould

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:40 pm

Just asking on the forums of anyone who may know of someone who can undertake taking one or two of these lenses apart to clean up the dam fungi/mould that appears to have built up on the inside front of the lens.
I have tried the old pointing it at direct sunlight for hours on end but it doesn't work for us.
It's Hard to believe that in this whole country there doesn't seem to be anyone who can do this.
I will probably have a go at it myself even if its just to get the front section done which is where it seems to be effected.
Alternatively i shall look out for a decent lens. does anyone know what else will fit the HD1200s?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

RE: Elmo 1200HD F1:1 Lens mould

#2 by Paul Browning , Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Tom i'll make spanner to do it mate. I have a lens with the same problem so its time to sort the little bugger. I 'M sure they have some kind of lock tite on them though, so will need to tackle that first, sort of soften it up a bit.

Mats Abelli likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#3 by Alan Rik , Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:42 am

Hey Tom,
I believe I took one of those apart a while ago. Wasn't too hard, you do need a Lens Spanner tool. I used cold cream to clean the lens, and then put it back in the reverse order of disassembly. The HD series can also accept the 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 and the 1.3. If you have an adaptor you can also use a Schneider 1.1 or 1.2 that the Bauer uses. Or if you are really lucky you can use the Schneider 1.1 made specifically for the Elmo series. I use to own one and since that time I have only seen 2 others. Very nice lens for the Elmo.
Good luck!

Alan Rik  
Alan Rik
Date registered 11.15.2015
ThankYou 14

Last edited 07.29.2016 | Top

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:21 pm

Jason Gronn had one of those Schneider Lenses in an Elmo adapter not too long ago Alan & Tom. I'm not certain he sold it either. It may be worth a shout out to him here by PM?

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Looking for Powell Films Info

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor