Have I missed something?

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:24 pm

I just saw a post from a deleted user and was surprised to see it was Tony Laing. What happened? Did he ask to be removed?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

RE: Have I missed something?

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:26 pm

It's a mystery to me also Vidar???

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:38 pm

whos Tony Lang?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:02 am

He was a valued member of our forum Tom.

Andrew Woodcock

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:33 am

So you did not delete account, Andrew. How about you David? I think an admin needs to delete. Sad to see people leave, wonder why not telling us if there is a problem

Tony, if you read this, know you are welcome back

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#6 by Tom Photiou , Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:17 am

Sorry gents, i wasn't aware of the name,

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#7 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:17 am

Vidar ...I deleted Tony Laing at his own request. He stated the reason was that he no longer watches his films
on his projector as frequently as he does the unmentionables. So he has more or less lost interest and has nothing to offer.
I mentioned this on an earlier post somewhere although I did not mention his name.

David Hardy

#8 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:20 am

He left at the time when we were going to have a vote about deleting non -active members and REGISTERED MEMBERS
ONLY being able to read the forum... NOT FACEBOOK BUT A FORUM topic.
That issue seems to have been swept under the carpet yet again.

David Hardy
Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:44 am | Top

#9 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:40 am

I mentioned this on THE NOT FACEBOOK BUT A FORUM topic ... # 98.
You read this Vidar as you have clicked the Top box.

David Hardy
Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:43 am | Top

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:28 am

I wasn't aware of the conversation Tony had with David, nor was I aware that Tony no longer views film and therefore felt he no longer had anything to contribute to the conversations here regarding film and associated equipment.

I do know that Tony had posted occasionally and to that end, I would say to anyone that fits into this particular category of our membership here, that your input (however small) and your past knowledge from all things film, is very much valued here and I would therefore urge anyone in this bracket to stay with us all here. You are indeed most valued!

I hope Tony has a rethink, the post regarding people who are non contributors here, refers to just that. People who have decided to join us here of their own accord, only then to NEVER EVER contribute anything at all!!

That certainly wasn't Tony.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:29 am | Top

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:41 am

Yes I remember David mentioning the lad losing interest only recently, perhaps he might return someday.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#12 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:25 pm

Tony contributed a lot to the Picture Gallery but very little conversation wise and Topic wise as regards
the FORUM !!!
Which brings me back to my previous points.
Are we a FORUM or a FILM CLUB ????

David Hardy

#13 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:40 pm

I think more like a ghost train, lots of names, cemeteries could be construed as competition, but we've been through it so many
times it is a lost cause, I put it down to some folk either are lazy or have no command of language, or really have nothing of weight
to add, so just read.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:42 pm | Top

#14 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:47 pm

If it were not for members like you Hugh and the other regular contributors I would not still be here.
However that is now in the balance as to whether I should stay or go.
This is not attention seeking far from it. I feel I could still keep in touch with you guys outwith
the Forum.

David Hardy

#15 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:14 pm

so why wouldn't you still want to hang around here also David?

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:22 pm | Top

#16 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Thanks for those nice sentiments David, it goes for me too, you have much to offer, as have a lot of folk on here, It's your
contributions that make up for none from the "readers digest club" that we carry. Yes, hope you lot are reading this, now get back to sleep.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#17 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:57 pm

Andrew the problem is that there are still to much members still " hanging around ".
I don't want to be one of those.
Anyone who knows me already knows I have no time for "hangers on" and "time wasters" in all
aspects of life.

David Hardy
Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:01 pm | Top

#18 by Michael Lattavo , Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:48 pm

My goodness, I just don't get it. Seems like 85% of the topics are gripes about people not posting, not posting enough, only posting pictures, on and on and on......

What does it matter? Why does it bother you so much? Why can't you let it go? Why get so upset about it?

Tyler Hatwell likes this

Michael Lattavo
Date registered 10.01.2015
ThankYou 42

#19 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:54 pm

Vidar, you need to address this issue. If not, it will only come up again in a month or so. When I saw the post about Pyramid Films, I knew that either or both David and Hugh would have the answer, as their entry into home movies began some years before mine did. It would be a tragedy if the forum lost David, so that a lot of people who have no interest and no intention of contributing anything, can keep their names on a list. The Forum is very important to Vidar, so he needs to act on this NOW.
One other thing; Administrators should be able to act on their own: we have 2 very good people as administrators, and I don't think either are the type who would lock, delete a post, or person, without very good reason. Also, they need to know that they will be supported 100% by Vidar in the event that an action proves unpopular with some people. Without being able to make decisions on their own, the name administrator, means nothing, it's just a title.

Robert Crewdson

#20 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:55 pm

I think Hugh, David and myself have more than explained the answers to those questions already Michael. It's fairly obvious to be honest if it is only ever a handful of people are actually contributing to the FILM TALK here.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:59 pm | Top

#21 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Because it's a Forum, which means you discuss a topic, or topics. If you just want to read, join a lending library. Why apply to come here if you don't want to participate.

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Robert Crewdson

#22 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:57 pm

Its very simple to grasp Michael, if we all decided to take a back seat, there would be no forum, I drew the comparison to a Golf Cub when mentioned before, if you didn't turn up to use the course, you'd be struck off. I tire of lazy people, never have opinions, never get
involved, someone else will do it, why do these people even bother to join up, dead weight and a dead loss. I'll keep my voice down, didn't realise I'd woken one up!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:03 pm | Top

#23 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:09 pm

I must confess, I have no idea what to do, how to address this. I am one that is content if they don't post, I just want it to be a welcoming forum that people can learn from. I am torn, as losing the ones contributing would mean the end of the forum. I do hope we can continue, but it's up to you guys

Tyler Hatwell likes this

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#24 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:10 pm

I don't know of who the two other administrators or moderators are Robert, besides Vidar.

When you look down the list of the user group, Vidar is one, David is another, beyond that, everyone one else is a member.

If we lose David here as is being possibly hinted, then any administration tasks will be down to Vidar alone as things stand.

All the more reason why David of all people, is very much an integral part of this forum and its decision making.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:12 pm | Top

#25 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:17 pm

You are supposed to be an Administrator Andrew.

Robert Crewdson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The sound of a dropping screw...

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor