Another sad loss this year!

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:47 pm

Nothing to do with film per se but very much to do with UK television. I have just heard the very tragic news this afternoon that sadly Caroline Ahearne has lost her battle with Cancer earlier today.

Caroline (another mancunian) found fame on British television with shows like Mrs Merton, The Royal Family and more recently Gogglebox as a narrator.

This follows the recent sad loss of yet another Mancunian, Victoria Wood who also left our planet far too soon.
Caroline was only 52 and in these quarters at least, her wit and sheer brilliance as a scriptwriter highlighting all that is genius in northern humour, will be sorely missed.

Today's loss is even more poignant here for me as I am a good friend of her brother from my DJing days. Patrick is a successful music producer as well as a damn fine DJ.
I really feel for my friend here today and my heart goes out to him at this extremely sad time for him.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:32 am | Top

RE: Another sad loss this year!

#2 by Dave Guest , Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:39 pm

so sad I remember her coming to a show where we was and spent quite a while chatting

Dave Guest
Date registered 09.28.2015
home: lancashire
ThankYou 69

#3 by Gwyn Morgan , Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Very sad day another great comedian gone at such a young age.

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 270

#4 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:36 pm

and 52 is no age. i must admit i never realised she was ill, i havnt seen her on the TV for a while and did say just a week ago i wonder what she does now

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:03 am

Just watch Gogglebox Tom. That was her last work.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:52 am

Another chip off that old iceberg, she was a talent, died at a young age, suffered ill health for a long time, I preferred Victoria
Wood's comedy, another talent lost, I used to find her very attractive when she was a young performer, both Northern lasses.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
My Super 8 War filmed Banned!!In Germany only

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor