My Super 8 War filmed Banned!!In Germany only

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:38 pm

Hehe, well, this is an odd one. My own little home made war film on tube, (edited by 50% version) had been banned in Germany. Are they still that sore about the war?
I have to laugh because i do find it very funny, are you telling me that in Germany No war films are shown in the cinema or on TV, the sale of all war films on all formats are banned?

The other day i wanted to purchase the two parts of witchfinder general, thanks to Hugh taking the trouble to inform me of them, i noted it stated will not ship to the UK. Are they that sore we are pulling way?
I did e-mail the question, would you ship to the UK, i wanted to do the buy it now, what i got back was "sorry no". Oh well shove it where the sun dont shine!
If you see the content of my said short film i wouldnt mind knowing whats so offensive, its one of the funniest things i have seen, i can understand a little shame in there past but isnt it time to get over it. we are always told we must accept this that and other, we are also told to be tolerant yet here in the heart of the so called EU the richest of them all, the nation who wants to be one still cant seem to get over the 1940s. How peculiar.
oh, by the way, my other little video i put together is also banned in Germany, it was removed from there youtube the day i put it on, same as the super 8 film. Take a look and tell me why this wasalso banned in Germany. (only in Germany, nowhere else).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reA8lcwyZx4

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

Last edited 07.01.2016 | Top

RE: My Super 8 War filmed Banned!!In Germany only

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:41 pm

Ve vill ask ze questions, and don't mention ze Var!!

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and David Ollerearnshaw
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:42 pm | Top

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:43 pm

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#4 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:51 pm

That's odd about Witchfinder General, Tom. What can be their reason. . Seems like just plain nastiness. So much for a United States of Europe.

Robert Crewdson

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi Tom, the other seller does ship to UK, they are more expensive though, but I reckon the colour should be good, as for the other guy,
well he's probably waiting to be tried for war crimes, the cabbage munching b*****d!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:57 am | Top

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:57 pm

There are plenty of sellers throughout the world that refuse to sell to us Brits. Only they know their reasons why but it is something I have tried to overcome on several occasions before eventually, just giving up on the pursuit.

As for banned videos on U Tube Tom, I can only imagine it is down to the times we live in now with the ongoing fear of terrorism and cults etc.
I am sure 15 years ago, it wouldn't have been banned but these are indeed turbulent times it would seem, harmless as they appear.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:57 pm | Top

#7 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:01 pm

The reason they banned your 2nd video could be because of Nazi images and British Tommies. There was an interesting video on Youtube about the creation of the EU, it was dreamed up by the Nazis in 1940. I couldn't watch all of it, as at 30 mins it was rather long, but the information originally came from a man in his 90s who worked in the Secret Service. It mentioned that the plan was to destroy all the heavy industry in all the European countries. You will remember that it was during Mr's Thatcher's reign, she followed Heath, who took us in, that our factories were closing down at an alarming rate, so that now we manufacture hardly anything. When we are free of the EU, can we get that back, or have the skills been lost?

Robert Crewdson

#8 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:03 pm

Sour Kraut

Robert Crewdson

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Pipe dreams Robert, many skills have been lost over the years, folk think that you can re open closed pits, it ain't so, the workings close up and they flood. Remember, there are no proper apprenticeships anymore, I'm not even sure if City & Guild are going. As for the EU, we managed before joining this Mafia like organisation, in a few years it might not exist, an almighty implosion.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#10 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:16 pm

Our Tom, I've sent a pm with a possible solution to your predicament.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#11 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:27 pm

I hope it does disintegrate; seems that the Dutch might be next to vote on Membership, and Marie le Pen seems keen on the idea as well. I remember John Major having the mines flooded so that they couldn't reopen, then buying coal from Poland; then destroying our ship building, and having a liner built in Germany. Beware of the enemy within.

Robert Crewdson

#12 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:11 pm

They usually flood anyway Robert, our pit Haig went four mile out under the sea, the longest in Britain under water, Thatcher waged
war on working men, shut the pits and imported it from South America, where it was mined by children, I only hope Satan is putting his stock of coal to good use and roasting the blue rinsed cow!

Hugh Thompson Scott

#13 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:05 pm

Originally this Island was just forest. They discovered coal in Oxfordshire, but decided against mining it. It was claimed there was enough coal in this county to last 1,000 years. I don't understand these politicians Hugh, they don't seem to have the interests of Britain at heart.

Robert Crewdson

#14 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:44 pm

It's a strange world,harmless fun on YouTube,I enjoyed the film anyway Tom.
As for people in other countries not exporting to GB I do find it strange,I was after a film from USA the other day only to get to the end of the description to see "I only sell within USA".Guess that's the way it is sometimes📽📽

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 271

#15 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:52 pm

I guess my movie makes me kind of controversial. I've made a banned movie!!!And a banned music video,
Funny thing is we are still in the EU. Just goes to show that some of those Germans dont seem to like us, A pity really as they are great engineers and their products are of the highest quality, but if they are going to behave in this way and ban every war film!
Time to move on and get over it i would have thought. (all in the best possible taste though, no offense intended).

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

Last edited 07.02.2016 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
OUR LANGUAGE

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor