RE: OUR LANGUAGE

#26 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Robert it was all that porridge and roosty nails he had for breakfast that gave him his strength.

David Hardy

#27 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:19 pm

You can laugh David, but I have a 19th century book that says Englishmen were weaker than the Scots because they didn't eat Oats. Not only does it build you up, but it's good for the nervous system.

Robert Crewdson

#28 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:21 pm

I believe every man should always get their "oats" now and again.

"Loon" here in Manchester very often equates to a young man also!
We have half loons and full loons by the boat load!!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:46 pm | Top

#29 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:53 pm

I think that was the ad line for Scott's Porage Oats you've been looking at Robert. When food is scarce you'll eat anything, necessity
rather than choice.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:11 pm | Top

#30 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:42 pm

Don't like the stuff myself Hugh, never suggest putting sugar on your porridge to a Scotsman. I know this a bit off subject, but have you noticed that many brought up in the digital age have no clue about filmmaking. You only need to look at the quality of amateur movies posted on Youtube. I've seen a lot of amateur footage from the 50s and 60s, and it was all of a high standard, maybe the high cost of film had something to do with it. Tom's film really is a professional job, and the one thing that we all have in common is that we had no formal training in cinematography. I got my first camera then read a 2nd hand book by Focal Press, then studied films on TV to see what I could learn. One of the first things I learnt was slow panning. When I was shooting a sound cartridge, that would come to an end, I would shoot a few seconds with a new cartridge in the same location, before moving on; that way, you didn't get the sound from one place appearing over the image of another. When film became too expensive to use regularly, I bought a Camcorder; and looking around for reviews, one person wrote that they would never buy anything with less than 40x magnification; now that to me is more like a telescope. I think 15x is the most I remember from the old days. 5x to me is plenty enough, especially if hand held. My wife's nephew took some footage on his phone, and he kept moving the camera from upright to sideways, so it would be impossible to download and keep for the future.

Robert Crewdson

#31 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Actually, all this stuff about salt on porridge, they'd have gladly put sugar on, if they'd had any, remember sugar was very scarce,
so the poor buggers used what they had.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#32 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:16 pm

Robert there is a lot of truth about eating oats.
After all just look at the muscles and strength of horses. Clydesdales in particular.
Not a meat eater among them.
It is also extremely good for humans. Lowers Cholesteral .

David Hardy
Last edited Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:16 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
my first movie

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor